Rode a Segway

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

yoshi

My bud and I went to the Texas state fair yesterday to walk around the car show (sat in some awesome new cars), saw the new srt-10(oh baby :driver: ) :worthy: and some aston martins and panoz; but back to the topic at hand. They had a little booth set up where you could ride a segway, bein the redneck i am i've yet to see one in person b4 that so i had to ride it. It was pretty cool. kinda hard to get used to at first but i after a fews seconds i zippin around like a pro. All in all it was a fun time but i would never pay 4900 for one.

just thought i'd throw this out there, any of you guys got to ride one? :poke:

sometime last spring I was down at the liquor store near my old house in Minneapolis and I saw one parked out front of the liquor store.... it wasn't even chained up, my buddy and I waited around for like 10 minutes hoping to see the guy come out and ride off on the thing with a couple cases under his arms but we got impacient and left before he showed

they look kind of cool... but could you imagine the traffic jams and accidents if there were even a few hundred of those runnin around in NY city... I'm talkin sidewalk traffic jams, that would suck

edit: i'd buy a nice itr engine before I bought one of those

Originally posted by yoshi@Oct 9 2003, 03:48 PM
My bud and I went to the Texas state fair yesterday to walk around the car show (sat in some awesome new cars), saw the new srt-10(oh baby :driver: ) :worthy: and some aston martins and panoz; but back to the topic at hand. They had a little booth set up where you could ride a segway, bein the redneck i am i've yet to see one in person b4 that so i had to ride it. It was pretty cool. kinda hard to get used to at first but i after a fews seconds i zippin around like a pro. All in all it was a fun time but i would never pay 4900 for one.

just thought i'd throw this out there, any of you guys got to ride one? :poke:

I saw some people riding them on the Seawall in Galveston last weekend- pretty cool stuff. I couldn't find a rental place (if there was one) so I could try them out though.

What is a segway? I have a feeling it is one of those three wheel cars? I don't know?

Great! Another thing that takes the place of a normal human function! Somebody will be suing them because that thing made them fat. What's wrong with walking? People have been doing it for years. The car, I can see why they invented that. But that thing? Really? Does society really need that?

segway had a recall or somethin because they dont have a low battery light and people were tipping over busting their shit.

hahah, I would have paid to see like 10 people just bust their ass on one of those things, it would be a good laugh.

Where the fuck did they come up wit the name?

I hate those fuckin' things, I say just use a bike, but the funniest thing I saw was when Bush Sr. was riding one and fell on his ass. I think it was Bush Sr.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Oct 9 2003, 05:55 PM
Where the fuck did they come up wit the name?

I think it's the inventor's last name.

Ok, just checked... maybe not.

http://www.segway.com/faqs/faq.cgi?answer=...ral%20Questions

Our inspiration came from the word segue, which is defined as, "to transition smoothly from one state to another." A Segway Human Transporter (HT) transforms a person into an empowered pedestrian, allowing him/her to go farther, move more quickly and carry more than could ever be achievable walking.

Back