Roll cage in Del Sol nearly complete!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

B16

Super Moderator
VIP
My builder just sent me some images, I'll pick up the car this Saturday and post completed pics then. Here it is so far. He was able to do the rear bars without going through the rear window, which is a plus. We decided to do no door bars yet, because I eventually want NASCAR bars for HC, but wont be racing until sometime next year, for now this will save me if something bad happens. Well here are the pics.

cage%20001.jpg

cage%20002.jpg

cage%20003.jpg

cage%20004.jpg

cage%20005.jpg

cage%20006.jpg

Last edited:
i would like to see those rear bars going further back and tieing into the rear shock towers but i guess its fine there. construction looks great :)

nice job!!! will the back window still be able to go down?

the back window won't be able to move at all from the looks of it...

how are they planning on putting it back in? lol

mike said something about putting in a removable piece of plexiglass or something. but he was gonna do that when he thought it was going thought the window. dunno what hes doing now. he may just still go with the removalble plexiglass since hes gonna race with it open anyway. afaik the plexiglass will only be used when the car is parked to keep rain out.

GSRCRXsi said:
mike said something about putting in a removable piece of plexiglass or something. but he was gonna do that when he thought it was going thought the window. dunno what hes doing now. he may just still go with the removalble plexiglass since hes gonna race with it open anyway. afaik the plexiglass will only be used when the car is parked to keep rain out.
Exactly.

He said he just completed the seam weld plates for the A and B pillars. Car will probably be ALOT stiffer than before. We might have a potential problem with seat height still. He had one of his employees who is 6 foot tall get in the car with a helmet, and he is just too tall. I told him I'm 5"11', he said I should be ok. lol, damn small cars. Anyways, when I pick it up on saturday I'm bringing my helmet with me to test fit me in the car and make height adjustments if neccessary. He made some kind of mount that would allow me to slide it forward/backward. We might have to omitt that and just put the sparco brackets to the floor to get the seat as low as possible. Hopefully I'll still be able to see over the dash. haha. Another good thing about that sparco seat is I can remove the bottom cushion to set me another 2" or so lower into the seat. I plan on painting the cage either this Saturday or Sunday.

do you have any intentions of putting the targa top back on? if not, and the back window doesn't work, i would just suggest to cut the whole back part out. I'm not to sure of the rules though for your competitions.

Yes, targa top is going back on. :) He had it off to do the cage for easier access into the car.

B16 said:
a broom? lol, wtf?

broomstick test

run a broomstick across the top of the cage... it should not hit your helmet at all

come on now you should know this shit

pissedoffsol said:
:werd:

wtf did you think i was calling you a witch??? :bash:
maybe? :)

Honestly, I had not heard of this test. So, lay the broom stick across the top of the cage, helmet should not hit it. Good to know, thanks! :) I heve never even ridden in a car with a full cage in it. :p

Back