1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roof update.....and another busy weekend....rant

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by Airjockie, Nov 4, 2005.

1. Airjockie

Airjockie Watanabe Whore!!!

Since we had prolly the last week of decent weather in the NE...I've been busting my ass to get this biatch done...

Started when the rain let up...it took a few days to get the old crappy shingles off, with the help of Walter and Jay...it went pretty quik to get the mess cleaned up. Then stripping off the old crappy rotted wood......That took longer than expected....the roof is a little bit higher from the ground on that side and the fall would hurt worse if I did fall...so I've been taking my time...just to be safe....I did have one little slip yesterday...and almost crapped my pants. But we finally got the plywood up yesterday and today I was doing the final touches to make the wood portion of the roof perfect....so time was just flying by....then I looked at the sun...it was going down...so I got one quik strip of the tar papper down and got the bottom row of shingles on and nailed down....Right now we're running about 3 days over the time frame I wanted to get this project done....

But tommorrow...the weather will still hold out, and I just got to run more tar paper, and get more shingles up on the roof and trim up the up the edges and I'm done...I hope..... [​IMG] Rain is expected Sunday...So I better finish this damn roof...

And then Sunday...run the wife down to Greenich to the JDM supermarket...and get some JDM groceries....and when I have a chance and can get both Walter and Jay at the house for a little....then they'll get the royal JDM BBQ treatment...hehe...Plus since Walter helped me a lot, he gets to take the Z around the track for his first try at drifting next Sat. And Sunday when I get back, the garage will get cleaned out and I hope to get the Z in on ramps so I can drop the tranny again to replace some flywheel bolts....and maybe get another clutch disk if the Autozone warantee is still valid...hehe...and some longer wheel studs so I can run the other set of watanabes....if I can find a set of 15" tires to slap on them.

And hopefully Monday I can try to get the other Z up here to prep for the event...and more tires to mount...

And I still have to work sat and sunday for OT...I think I can't even remember when I had a day off now...it must have been over month...but next week-end I will take off sat night...couse I will throw a party in the heated and dry garage for the guys that wants to party after the drift event...so let the sake and beer flow...

And my back is friggen killing me... [​IMG]

2. George777

George777 ^^ Likes Bewbies

I would have come to give you a hand, but so much for getting out at 10:00AM. 4:45PM I guess was close enough for them. If you are awake tomorrow when I am up, I will haul some ass with ya and we'll get most, if not all, the roof done so we can relax for the rest of the weekend.

3. Airjockie

Just swing by around 11:00 and wake my ass...I had a rough night last night at work and when I got home I downed 2 corona's....power nap time... [​IMG]

4. Airjockie

Welp...98.2 percent done...for the whole roof....

all that's left is just the ridge cap shingles and trim the excess over hang....and I might even hang some gutters on it.....

and a lot of cleaning up... :cry2:

5. ScrapinSi

ScrapinSi Senior Member

how bad did you get hit with the storms last night clayton? Is the roof done?

6. Airjockie

what rain???...the garage is dry...but I still got to get up there and run the ridge cap and trim the overhangs...

7. swanny

swanny Senior Member

Yeah i was wondering about that storm and your garage too, it was pretty wicked here and it looked like it was headed right towards you guys.

8. ScrapinSi

ScrapinSi Senior Member

We got nailed HARD last night about 10ish... Had the windows open... The wife was like "is that rain i hear?" i was like no way.. probably just the leaves blowing... I flip on the outside lights and it was a FUCKING MONSOON... You didnt get ANYTHING?

9. Airjockie

there was just a little drizzle when I left the house...and sprinkles all the way to work...

10. ScrapinSi

ScrapinSi Senior Member

oh man... it blew a gutter off the side of my house, and dropped about 1203912093810239 lbs of leaves on the ground.

11. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

yeha, i tpoured rain in b-town too... thunder/lightning, the whole shaabang

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted