Roofing Prices by you?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reckedracing

TTIWWOP
VIP
so me and my friend share a garage and do odd jobs for cash

we usually stick to car/garage type work, but some other things seem to come up

right now someone i know is looking for a roof job, approx 18 square
no valleys, nice 4 on 12 pitch, fairly easy job

this guy wants a rip (1 layer) and reshingle

we're hoping the wood on the roof is still decent...

so i have talked to a few people and it seems that prices range from 150-300 to rip and another 150-300 to reshingle...

i was wondering what prices were by you guys

ohhhhh noesssss

this thread got shot down rather quickly

Quoted post[/post]]
lol- can i bang your mom for 600 bucks?
for 600? thats cheap... i would bang his mom for 600 if she supplied the condom. I would "go" in it they turn it inside out and bang her again for an extra 43.50 :) But seriously, if you paided me enough i would do it. I used to do roofing on the side. 2000 dollar minimum though... roofing is not easy nore safe.

charge em 2k and be done with it. a thousand bucks each can't be bad for a couple days' work

well, the deal is like this...

this guy asked me to do it for 2K, i thought it was a fair price and said we'd do it...

i talked to three diffrent guys this weekend and they all said 150 per square rip and another 150 per square re-shingle is bare minimum for a roofing business...

so i'm thinking this guy is trying to fuck me...

2K seems real real low...
and its not like i'm a retard with a hammer and nails, i'd be using compressors, guns, definately not my first roof, but i've only done it for family etc...

so according to these peoples' "bare minimums" you'd need to charge 5400 bucks for 18 square.

But that's for a roofing BUSINESS with warrantees and shit.

I'd say 3k.

seems like you have some experience.... 2k sounds like a decent deal for someone without credentials :)

look at some of us home-mechanics... we do shit much cheaper than the shops... :) no ASE cert's here.

well, the warranties are technically for the SHINGLE, not the company...

but yea, i was looking to get 3K...

that will be enough to hire two laborers for 2 days and still make decent money

the roof is leaking, was just tarped, and MUST be done ASAP, and definately before winter...
so we're looking to drop everything to bang this out in 2 days, one weekend as we both have regular m-f jobs as well

yeah I would figure a couple grand not 5400 like it figures out. I can ask a buddy what it goes for around here as well. as for being safe a 4/12 pitch would be the safest roof to do even if it is 2 story.

3k sounds fair for what it is.

And I meant they kinda have to guarantee the workmanship.

look at some of us home-mechanics... we do shit much cheaper than the shops... no ASE cert's here.

yea, i understand no cred's, no insurance etc etc
we get fair prices for garage work too, usually push for 1/2 of what the pro would get cause we don;t have as much overhead...

i dunno if you guys know how big 18 square is...
the roof is about 35 by 52

the dumpster can't be placed by the building so everything will need to be ripped onto tarps, then moved to the dumpster, and the back side is pretty much a cluster fuck to get the shit to the dumpster...

i thought 2K was fair, but now that i've talked to people i feel that this guy is trying to take advantage of me...
he's also had quite a few roofs priced out recently so i think he knows what would be fair...

3k sounds fair for what it is.

ok cool
i just didn;t wanna make waves for nothing...

Back