Rookey CRX OWNER

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

R90 CRX DX

I just got this as a project car!!!;) Unfortunatelly, its not an Si its a DX. I really dont know much on what to start upgrading.... I was hoping you guys could help-out on some suggetions on parts (& brands) that can help build some HP. Im kinda on a budget for now, so BOLT-ON upgrade suggestions would be best!!! common HELP another felow HONDA owner OUT!!!

If it were me I'd do an mpfi swap. You are very limited by the dual point injection that your car has. Do the intake manifold swap, then go for an intake and an ebay header. If it were me though, I'd save my money and drop in a complete d16a6 engine + trans. The better transmission alone will really wake the car up.

i have a d16a6 engine and a d15b engine the d16a6 has a well lets call it a unwanted hole in the block i was wondering if i swap heads and intake would the d16a6 head work on the d15b and would it raise the horsepower back close to the d16a6

you could always do a mini me swap (vtec head on a non vtec block) after you do the mpfi swap and you'll notice a difference

Yea if I was gonna stay with a D series I'd do a mini me swap! That would be your best on a budget along with any other small bolt on. Although, everything you put on and do should be properly tuned, that's the only real gain/benefit with things you put on your car. Sooo jsut drop $$$! aha :)

i have a d16a6 engine and a d15b engine the d16a6 has a well lets call it a unwanted hole in the block i was wondering if i swap heads and intake would the d16a6 head work on the d15b and would it raise the horsepower back close to the d16a6
start your own thread

sorry for my ignorance

thanx for the heads-up guys!!! just wondering if I do any bolt-on upgrades on the DX engien, could they be removed & put on a Si engien. Or will certain things not be compatible.

pretty much everything is interchangeable, all the d series are interchangeable given it's nonvtec or vtec, then even then it's interchangeable except for the cams and a few other things

iiiiiiTHANX FOR THE INFO GUYS!!!!

any brands in particular that give it the most HP possible?!?!?! like for headers, cold air intake, exhaust, etc.....

well it depends on your budget, because I heard of a header that gives insane numbers but I heard it's also like 1k or something

This thread has been facepalmed.

On a small engine you won't see a huge difference between any bolt-on configuration. Just stay away from ebay brands and you should be fine. Just don't expect miracles on the cheap. Even with I/H/E you will only gain maybe 15hp, if that.

What he said^^. Bottom line you need to ditch the stock dpfi setup if you plan on building something quick.

Back