Rookie Question.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Nightstalker

Ok guys i know im new and know NOTHING about hondas i just have a Q? which engine is better to build up , more durable, making it turbo, More HP and torqe would it be the LS B18b or B16a1?...... just curiouse

it depends on the level of build. to answer your question, rate the build on a scale of 1-10 on how in depth it will be. keep in mind budget, purpose, and reliability.

how "serious" is the build you are looking for?

thank you for awnsering here's the thing im about to get a 1992 HB with an 94 LS swap with some goodies... a guy we know says the LS is junk, he has a b16a1 and when the track opens he wants to race me ....as far as budget im not a millionare but i can pretty much build something decent, the purpose will be for playing around i have a DD already, and reliability well we all know nothing is reliable when racing it........lol i would like to see what type of HP can i get out of the LS. and maybe going turbo.

first thing.. put a b16 tranny w/ LSD.. and you'll take out the b16

that'll work too, gears are a little longer.. but the torque from the LS will go nice with it

cool the HB is completely stripped and has all types of suspension upgrades and straction bars. the guy who im getting her from says its a good combo..... im really looking forward to getting my hands on the HB i should have it either this weekend or middle of next week. not bad for my 1st honda.....lol as far as i know the engine has 55k GSR transmission, stage 2 clutch, Lighten fly wheel CAI, aftermarket FPR, lowering speings, AVG shocks (i think thats what they are) Skunk2 short shifter, MSD, Apexi catback and some other things i cant remember besides what i have listed what else can i do to make it faster?

get yourself a really good header. definitely have it tuned. you will get a lot more power out of it.

if you are looking into any autox or road racing (not street racing, but road tracks) i would get an adjustable coilover with good shocks.

take a driving course also. that will help you go a lot faster.

im actually looking into 1/4 mile track ive never tried Autox but as far as taking a driving course does it counts when i took the police driving course for the police department....lmao and my 5 yrs of car chase experience?

auto-x or road racing is much more fun then driving in a straight line

well, if all you really care about is the 1/4 i would focus on getting power to the ground. make sure the car has lsd. good clutch and flywheel are essential. then get yourself some slicks or drag radials depending on what class you are going to race in. then you will be set.

Back