roommate rant (similar to kanned's)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

nope, the CO works for the company and im sure he noted the condition of the apt. also my gf works in the office so she backed me up. but get this, he went down to the office today and asked my gf if i called the cops on him for his friends and insisted that they werent living there. yet there were 5 people basically partying without him here. then he asked her if the office was hiring, lmao, what a tool.

i went down to the office today and spoke with the leasing manager. she agreed to move him out but we had to do the mediation. i told her the story and she said that during the mediation she said she will pretty much give him a choice: move out, or pay for any and all damages/utility overages/fines that have been caused because of him (in the thousands at this point). and she agreed to have my carpets and furnature cleaned for free. and until that time, his friends arent allowed in the apartment at all because of his previous lease violation of letting them stay here.

this rocks :)

Last edited:
Sounds like the company is cool as hell. A lot of times they wouldn't give a shit. Like my last landlord was losing the house to eminent domain/community redevelopment. Rather than saying, "Well these kids have a lease until the end of May", allowing us to stay for the remainder of the school year, he took his money and let the company fuck us in the ass. We moved out around April 15th. The house is still standing today.

and to top it off his fav band is ICP so that kind of says something lol.

Sounds like the typical juggalo (ICP fan). This is what they do. They are filthy on purpose because it is cool. Most of them are homeless, and, if one of them gets an apartment somehow (your guy), they all end up mooching and destroying the place. Fucking dirtbags.

yea i dont know how he got this place. its a nice place. rent is 500 per person, not per apt. generally you need a guarantor form. which is basically a parents/guardians CC on file in case you dont pay rent. so if you dont pay rent, after you have accumulated so many days worth of late fees (50 +5/day) your guarantors CC gets charged. if you dont have a guarantor you have to put down 1 months rent. well his guarantor failed (surprise...) and hes been rolling without one. management knows and is about to come down on him if he doesnt fall in line. they can evict his ass on multiple things so far, and force him to still pay the remainder of his lease.

but yea, the complex is pretty new (4 years since construction) and its very professionally run, plus it helps that i have connections in the office lol. but most of all, ive been a resident here for going on 3 years, always paid rent on time, never any complaints, vs this fuckup who has been here for 3 months.

wow, that was fast. Did they make other living arangements for him?

yea they moved him into another apartment. our complex isnt full and they have quite a few vacant apartments. so i assume hes going into one of those.

and i came out clean. he accepted responsibility for everything. he knows that he is the reason for this happening and its not just me. hes still nice to me and i am in return, i gave him an ethernet cord so he could have internet in his new apartment.

don't forget to update your roommate profile with "non-smoking environment"!!

nope, the CO works for the company and im sure he noted the condition of the apt. also my gf works in the office so she backed me up. but get this, he went down to the office today and asked my gf if i called the cops on him for his friends and insisted that they werent living there. yet there were 5 people basically partying without him here. then he asked her if the office was hiring, lmao, what a tool.

i went down to the office today and spoke with the leasing manager. she agreed to move him out but we had to do the mediation. i told her the story and she said that during the mediation she said she will pretty much give him a choice: move out, or pay for any and all damages/utility overages/fines that have been caused because of him (in the thousands at this point). and she agreed to have my carpets and furnature cleaned for free. and until that time, his friends arent allowed in the apartment at all because of his previous lease violation of letting them stay here.

this rocks :)

Outstanding :) I'm glad it worked out.

I've been in that situation before and ended up moving with my friends because the place became unsafe.

and the (un)surprising conclusion:

he moved out last wednesday.
he left all kinds of shit in his room, including a mini fridge and it looks like ass
cleaners came and threw his shit in the hallway lol
they moved him into another apartment with some grungy punk type peeps. maybe he'll fit right in?

or maybe not.....

apparently one of his new roomies called the office complaning that he had people living there, LMAO. hes gonna get fucked.

at least i dont have to deal with him anymore.

Thats funny as hell man, my roomates a tidy mofo so i definately don't have a single problem like you have but im glad everything worked out for you!

Hahaha, awesome man. I'm extremely happy for you that this worked out.

If I were you, I'd go play playstation naked in my living room with all the windows open every afternoon so you don't have to worry about someone wanting to move in with ya.

ive already got new roomies lined up. they wont move in til the weekend though. apparently some 18 y/o fresh out of high school, and some 28 year old asian guy whos real quiet. variety is nice i guess lol. my gf vouched for the 18 y/o (she signed his lease), so he should be cool. and then my brother will be back too.

Back