rosa parks died

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Quoted post[/post]]
Rosa Parks : Stood up to the establishment and started a revolution that is STILL going on.

Tony D : Gave up building a car and runs a website where 13 people tell each other where deals are online.

Actually I turned 30 and decided that a little honda civic was not appropriate for a male of my age and salary level. :)

and it's amazing what over 100,000 uniques a month and a few well placed, well written copies for affiliate accounts will do for a fellow..... :ph34r:

White people might not see what Rosa Parks did as a great thing, but let's just look at this. She committed a crime by not giving up her seat to a white man.

Damn straight, and just like the mexicans that cross the border, this bitch who committed a CRIME is getting honored. You dont like the fucking law? take it to court....but apparently NOWADAYS the mexicans and whoever else that feels "disenchanted" is taking the law into their own hands by crossing the borders illegally and whatever else.

And we are honoring a criminal. She shoulda tried to sue the bus company and government instead of BREAKING THE LAW. The whole drama coulda played out in court and the real winner would eventually emerge (us).
The white male is responsible for more pain and suffering than any other race or group of people.

Highly sujective. I had enough of the white male bashing by you liberal fucks. This is why my thoughts and views are racist. I considered everyone equal when I was young growing up.....but now as I get older, I see things for what they really are. You people are too fucking lazy to make it on your own and so you got to destroy and try and topple the one successful thing out there.

And the fact remains that as white males in America, we automatically have a higher earning potential.

subjective again. in fact, in areas such as los angeles where the minorities run amuck, they tend to hire their own when it comes to jobs....and believe me, whether it be due to affirmative action or whatever else, the minorities are more often taking jobs of higher compensation that most white males. get your facts straight fucko.

And the Bible isn't a history book, it's a story book. But that argument isn't for this topic.

wrong again, the bible is considered to be one of the greatest philosophical books ever written. it is based majorly in fact, coupled with ......not going to go there.

:werd:

i hate EOP's.

i hate race loans.
hell, i hate any type of scholarship that is soley based on race, income, or anything other than scholarly.
like the "italian fund" for itailan kids... its BS.
the "enstien engineering award" is different, and acceptbale. its for EE students (just an example, i have no idea if such a thing exists)

i don't care if you come from a 10k family or a 100k family, the SAME oppertunity for college exists if you have a brain.

my parents combined do over 100k...
and i still took loans out for college. i had stafford, i filled out the fasfa, the whole 9.

and i had the same 100k debt that a poor minority would have if he went to college.

its BS.

i hate america.

Quoted post[/post]]
And the Bible isn't a history book, it's a story book. But that argument isn't for this topic.
wrong again, the bible is considered to be one of the greatest philosophical books ever written. it is based majorly in fact, coupled with ......not going to go there.

the bible...

its just a bunch of stories...

its NO better than the Aesop's Fables.

a bunch of stories designed to teach a lesson.

which one you "worship" is your choice.

I, personally, think they are both a load of crap.

Quoted post[/post]]
:werd:

i hate EOP's.

i hate race loans.
hell, i hate any type of scholarship that is soley based on race, income, or anything other than scholarly.
like the "italian fund" for itailan kids... its BS.
the "enstien engineering award" is different, and acceptbale. its for EE students (just an example, i have no idea if such a thing exists)

i don't care if you come from a 10k family or a 100k family, the SAME oppertunity for college exists if you have a brain.

my parents combined do over 100k...
and i still took loans out for college. i had stafford, i filled out the fasfa, the whole 9.

and i had the same 100k debt that a poor minority would have if he went to college.

its BS.

i hate america.

the bible...

Is there a super 'word' emoticon yet?
:worthy:

Quoted post[/post]]
Your mom makes close to $100k a year and you actually expect to get the same treatment as someone who's mother can't even put food on the table? Dude, wake up and take the silver spoon out of your mouth.

Why should he not receive the same treatment. We're all humans and we're all equal, are we not? By giving minorities special treatment, you alienate rather than assimiliate. Our social reform programs are the programs that are at the root of the problem of having a divided population; they do not allow for natural assimiliation.

White people might not see what Rosa Parks did as a great thing, but let's just look at this. She committed a crime by not giving up her seat to a white man. Without that effort black people might still legally be second class citizens with no chance of higher education, no chance of a decent paying job, and still lynched for looking at a white girl.

...and without the great forefathers we would not have this country, where we're all overpriveleged in comparison to the rest of the world, to sit on our asses and simply complain. Without Thomas Edison we may not have ever had the light bulb. Talking in hindsight about could have, should have, would have, is frivalous. "History does not reveal its alterior motives."

News flash though, Rosa Parks was not a hero. She was an ordinary person who did an ordinary thing, during an extraordinary time. She simply said, "No." She wanted to be treated as all others and above all as a human, that is surely worthy, but does not make her the hero that you seem to boast her to be.

Does saying "No" when the joint is passed to you make you a hero?

I'm sure with your extensive background you are well aware that Rosa Parks was not the first black person to refuse to give up their seat. There were many before her and many after her that refused, she was simply asked to be used as a spokesperson for a campaign and hence she became known for a somewhat commonplace event. Surely she's not a hero, she came to be the headpiece that represented a time, but she's no hero.

The white main is responsible for more and suffering than any other race or group of people, Sir Blanco? Absolutely. Sheer numbers alone explain why caucasians are responsible for the majority of events that take place on this earth. Where is there anything earth shattering here? Should Afican Americans become the majority rather than the minority, statistics may swing in another direction, but thats not to say that even though African Americans occupy one of the smallest populations that they do not contribute to the highest crime rates in the nation.

Quoted post[/post]]

the bible...

Although I do not practice any religion and have not taken bible study since I was about 5 years old or so, the bible is not just a bunch of stories as much as your contorted and distorted point of view would like to believe.

The bible has historical significance. Is the bible 100% accurate? Probably not. Is there historical evidence that events that are recorded in the bible took place? Absolutely, its one of the first places that historians turn.

Disclaimer;
As I said, I'm not a bible thumper whatsoever but selective ignorance simply because you do not agree with an idea, is idiotic in my mind. There's records and facts that back many of the events recorded in the bible to an extent. Saying, "thats all bullshit" when its recorded history is ...

Brian, ask any English major out there and they will tell you that the Bible at it's very least is one of the most important philosophical pieces of work ever.

As in "philosophy". No different that Plato and Socrates.

Does saying "No" when the joint is passed to you make you a hero?

In my book...it does :wink:

I've lived with only trying that shit once...and it didn't do anything for me but make me puke down a flight of spirle staircases...with a tarp at the bottom....when the vomit swirled down...I watched it, and that made me sicker...and when it hit a tarp at the bottom of the stair case...the sound induced another vomit re-action...and again...and again....and again....till I was dry heaving....

but enough of that...and this thread has gone way off topic...and from this post after...pay only repect to the fallen lady...

sorry about my post...I had a few beers at the time I typed it...and the editing that I had to do to it made me sober...tooo many damn typo's...but I had to spread my thoughts...so a win lose situation...

And lately...I haven't been myself...I'm actually turning into a grouchy old man with the pain in the back getting worse, more beer consumption to relieve the pain, and I'm actually pissed off at work toward a lot of guys....but hopefully....and the rain is making me damn mad since I can't get up on the garage roof to finish the other half.......plus no days off for a while...I need the money...but I'm also getting to cranky...even for me....I'll blow up and do something really bad if it keeps going like this.....maybe it's stress or just a sore back...and the teeth are really starting to hurt...so a dentist visit will be needed soon....and I dred that more than anything...

Plus the CT DMV screwed me and the wife over today.....to add insult to pain....we went to get her appointment schedualled for her driving test, so she can finally drive somewhere with out me in the car...and that means...once that happens...I can finally chill at the house while she goes to the store to get something......well...her test date is FEB 24 2006....4 months from now.....just to get a damn DL....

And I took my registration for the Z to get it re-registered so I can drive it...since it's been due since July...and I never got the re-newal notice...and that was because the DMV never processed my Z...it was never in their computer....I am so fucking glad I never got pulled over...cuz that would prolly land me in deep shit for something...but they asked for $95...and I had it...so it's good till next July..and is in their system now....but it still burns me up to think of what might have gone wronge if something happened...

So Cliff notes.....

I'm not myself anymore...
Beware...I might blow up and it wont be pretty.... :ph34r:

/end shameless rant...

Back to the topic...RIP....and thanks for the fish....

and what did plato do? write stories.

i'm sure theres som Plotatian cult out there that worship him and his books/writings.

is it a historical reference-- sure. it WAS written, afterall.
same deal for the bible. it WAS written.

but along the same lines, the bible is all stories.

just like the story of parting the red sea which anyone can tell you is utter bullshit.
and adam and eve, not monkey evolution

its all metaphors to make you THINK ON YOUR OWN based on a documented MORAL DECISION story.

if you chose to worship such a thing, so be it.

I,personally, think its merits are no more than that of any children's story book.

And I'm a confirmed, baptized, and went to parochial school for 5 years raised catholic.

I simply encourage you all to use your own minds.

Which, in the end, is what the bible was all about in the first place...

stories, designed to teach moral values, so that one can live his life in an ethical manner.

hrm, sounds Sophist, doesn't it?

it's klinda like Marolyn Manson...

see, he started dressing up all weird and shit to get away from the norm. all the kids followed suit. He wrote a book. and in this book, he stated that those who dressed like him and goth-like were all posers and that they should make up their own minds and dress in their own way, not in the anti-trendy trend.

Free you mind, and the rest will follow
-3 chicks fromt he 90's... i forget their name. lol

admit it...you now have that song back in your head for a few more hours..... :p

So long, so long, so long..and thank you for the.......

RIP.....Lock? :ph34r:

You people make me sad. Not only will you never do anything with your lives to make a difference in the world, you can't even recognise the difference.

You sicken me.

En Vogue wrote the song.

You've trivialised the struggles of freedom fighters around the world by belittling them. The nameless kid who stood before the tanks in Tianeman Square was also breaking the law - The freedom fighters in East Timor that pushed NATO forces out with bottles and rocks to win independence, Even our own Revolutionary Warriors, you have pissed on their graves and for that you have lost all respect.

Sincerely, Kiss my ass.

En Vogue

was the answer Brian was looking for.

<<edit>> looks like celerity got the answer before me....shows how much attention I pay to his threads lol jk

Quoted post[/post]]
You people make me sad. Not only will you never do anything with your lives to make a difference in the world, you can't even recognise the difference.

You sicken me.

En Vogue wrote the song.

You've trivialised the struggles of freedom fighters around the world by belittling them. The nameless kid who stood before the tanks in Tianeman Square was also breaking the law - The freedom fighters in East Timor that pushed NATO forces out with bottles and rocks to win independence, Even our own Revolutionary Warriors, you have pissed on their graves and for that you have lost all respect.

Sincerely, Kiss my ass.

Get off your fucking soapbox !!!

I can assure you Celerity that Greenpeace, NATO, Amnesty International and the Nobel Peace Prize Committee do NOT subscribe to hondaswap.com

And why bother making a difference when no one gives a shit any way?

1 for all, and one for me.

this ain't no 3 musketeers bullshit.

Ok lets remove the bible from this convo. Someone open a history book up and find out just how many people have been killed over the years.

Whens the last time you heard a jewish person bitch about his past?

I see it everyday at work. a black person comes in and they want 120% from you. if you do not give them 120% they get bitchy and pissed off and pull out the racist shit. If a black person comes into my place my boss always ask me to keep an eye out becuase 50% of the time it seems something gets stolen. if not stolen its "hey man, can I get some extra meat on that you know... hook a brotha up, come on man, just alittle, how about you give me a free cup and fill it with some soda or beer, come on mannnnnnn hook a brotha up!."

ALL THE FUCKING TIME.

My best memory of a pissed off black person was when I waited on a black lady before another table who had a black guy at it. the guy got up and said "I was here before that table yet you still went and waited on them first. you're a fucking racist" he started screaming and yelling at all the workers about being racist, we had to kick him out. why? BECUASE I HELPED A BLACK LADY BEFORE HIM!!!!!! too bad he most not have seen that she was black till after he got up and started screaming.

And on another note I really don't mind hooking a brotha up. just as long as they tip more then 5 fucking %

Wow. I agree with celerity and blanco.

Most of you people, yes you people are horribly unconciously racist. I don't care what you have to say to refute it. You have contempt in all your statements about anything besides white because you think they have it easier then you and get sympathy treatment.

i have 3 really good black friends...and its just strange to hear that. They all agree they get unfair treatment, but believe me when i say i know their life is harder. While i am not personally a racist i know those who are make their life a living hell. I dtell em they were stupid for not taking the money, but even they agree that their more difficult life doesnt give them the right to get a break when it comes to their education.

People who think its their right to get a break because their race has a problem with certain racist groups. Just as there are white people who dont particularly care for black people, there are also black people who dont like white people. Racism is a problem on both sides, and id be willing to say the stereotypes for all races are where the problem lies.

Some black people think that all white guys think like the dude in the amazing racist, and some white people think that all black people sell drugs or something.

I dont know where im going with this, but that really pisses me off. Between Ashley, Eboni, and Alex, i dont know of anyone id rather have as my friends...even if they hate that i talk about cars all day...i know theyd be there for me, and vis versa.

Back