rosa parks died

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
:gives:

Even if you're not into human rights, dignity struggles and the fight for what's right (And voted for Kerry) you still have to respect her - She is the LAST person that did one thing to change the world. that's all she did. She refused to give up a seat on a bus.

she didn't take that and run with it, she never ran for office, never signed a book deal - Never pushed for fame. She did one thing and changed the world.

And after her, Well, they are already dead. Think of one person, alive, that has done this.

Dead. All of them. She was the last.

-> Steve

I'm quite sure Rosa Parks also voted for John Kerry in the last election dumbass. Because I know she wouldn't have voted for the other guy. The guy who takes campaign contributions from White Supremacists.

I agree with the rest of what you said. Well put.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
:gives:

Even if you're not into human rights, dignity struggles and the fight for what's right (And voted for Kerry) you still have to respect her - She is the LAST person that did one thing to change the world. that's all she did. She refused to give up a seat on a bus.

she didn't take that and run with it, she never ran for office, never signed a book deal - Never pushed for fame. She did one thing and changed the world.

And after her, Well, they are already dead. Think of one person, alive, that has done this.

Dead. All of them. She was the last.

-> Steve

Human rights is all well and good, but honestly...i'm so sick of whiney black people....Imo, Black people should be so fucking greatful to the white man who took them out of a diseased, underdeveloped, uneducated country...put them to work here in America...in which later a WHITE MAN stood up to free them, giving them the very freedom and oppurtunities they have today....instead of bitching about slavery, be thankful it happened, else they woulnd't be here to bitch in the first place....It happened over 140 years ago, get over it

Was it right the way they were treated, no...not at all....not in any way, shape or form....but slavery has been going on for thousands of years before black people.....so seriously get the fuck over it......

and by the way being from a jewish heritage, you won't see me ever whining about how Hitler tried to wipe out an entire people....happened a long time ago, more recently then slavery....didn;t happen to me personally...so therefore, no reason to complain....

wow, i've never read so many ignorant posts before... but this one definitely stands out. black people should be greatful? are you fucking serious. Africa hasnt always been in the condition it is now, there were artists, scientists, and thriving cultures before they were taken into slavery. whites just ripped out the youth and development of a whole continent, and even during slaver any black that showed any sign of gaining knowledge was punished, most likely by death. freedom wasnt just given to blacks, there has always been a constant struggle for equality and the very existance of this thread shows that it still exist. and yes slavery was going on for thousands of years before slavery, but it was never on such a large scale or racially based.

ive said it before and i'll say it again, a lot of these so called "truths" about black people are just incidents that people experience and focus on, or its all the negative shit you see pushed in the media because no one gives a shit if its positive. do you honestly remember the last person that smiled and said hi to more than the last asshole that cut you off on the freeway? i cant believe the shit people believe on this board or think they know. i agree w/ Slammed89Integra completely, i dont give a shit what some of you people say, you're slightly less than all out racists.

I dont know how i missed that post, but i appreciate you brining it up, preluderjs

My history teacher woulda shot corvetteguy. before the crusades, what the muslims control? all of north africa and spain. The fact that the muslims had an organized religion meant they not only had a spoken language, but also a written one. The advent of writing in northern africa revolutionized that culture in the early 9th century. from there until about 16th century north africa was ruled by the muslims, and in that time they created great schools and educated the people in their controled land. Until the christians came back and fucked up their life and civilization, north africa was at the height of enlightenment not europe...europes technology and numbers just over powered the african people. I dont know how you think that slavery was a good thing, and frankly, i dont care. A comment like that comes from an uninformed mind, and any college history class (world history) would have taught you differently. After the siezing of christian land by the muslims (by force) the christians found it necissary to destroy everything muslim rather than learn from it.

its 345 in the morning, but i hope you get where this is going...basically dont say shit like "slavery helped africans" it makes you look ignorant in front of educated folks...and yeah i said folks.

Quoted post[/post]]
Ok lets remove the bible from this convo. Someone open a history book up and find out just how many people have been killed over the years.

Whens the last time you heard a jewish person bitch about his past?

I see it everyday at work. a black person comes in and they want 120% from you. if you do not give them 120% they get bitchy and pissed off and pull out the racist shit. If a black person comes into my place my boss always ask me to keep an eye out becuase 50% of the time it seems something gets stolen. if not stolen its "hey man, can I get some extra meat on that you know... hook a brotha up, come on man, just alittle, how about you give me a free cup and fill it with some soda or beer, come on mannnnnnn hook a brotha up!."

ALL THE FUCKING TIME.

My best memory of a pissed off black person was when I waited on a black lady before another table who had a black guy at it. the guy got up and said "I was here before that table yet you still went and waited on them first. you're a fucking racist" he started screaming and yelling at all the workers about being racist, we had to kick him out. why? BECUASE I HELPED A BLACK LADY BEFORE HIM!!!!!! too bad he most not have seen that she was black till after he got up and started screaming.

And on another note I really don't mind hooking a brotha up. just as long as they tip more then 5 fucking %

:werd: If any of you want to say that this shit ain't true, try working a retail or food service type of job for a while. Being a server I deal with it all the time. It fuckin sucks, it puts me in a positon i don't want to be in, and usually i end up letting them bitch at me so they won't make a scene, just to get fucked by a dollar tip. now this IS NOT every black person, read that shit twice before you bitch at me. but the simple fact is, there is a certain amount of the black population that knows they can walk all over other people, no matter the race, jsut because they are black, and will claim others are racist if they don't get what they want.

just like last week i got bitched at by a lady because the restaraunt i work at doesn't serve fried chicken. i was like, bitch, this is California, go to fuckin KFC if you want friend chicken. i just told her that we don't serve it but she can get the chicken strips if she wants. she got allll pissed off and started to make a scene, like wewere just gonna be like " oh ok ma'am, you want fried chicken? ok, let me go change the menu just so you can have some." ye so i jsut interrupted in the middle of her bitching and asked her if she didn't want anyting.

my philosophy now is just to treat everyone equally fucked up, fuck em, they don't tip enough anyways. i got over the ass kissing for an extra dollar phase after like a year into serving.

ok go ahead and call me a racist now. whatever

EDIT. ok i gotta add a little more to clear shit up.
First off, i do respect Rosa Parks for what she did. and yes i agree that it is great that such a small action affected so much, and made such a positive impact. at the same time, and i know that most of the people on this board feel totally opposite on this topic so save it, I feel that when people cross our border to come here to work, it isn't a crime. well, yea it is, but you have to understand the circumstances. My ex GF was mexican, and her father came here like 20 years ago. yes he came illegally, but the reason is simple. life in mexico is basically like a 3rd world country. people are poor, can't find work, have no running water, no electricity, and can't even have kids to continue their family simply because they barely have enough food to feed themselves. I can honeslty say that from experience, the way most HONEST immigrants see the US is as a land of oppurtunity, where they can work and provide for their family. so yea I'm rambling now, so i'll stop.

basically, don't fuckin call me a racist. about 2% of my friends are white, the rest are mexican. i don't have any black friends, but that is simply because of where i grew up, not by choice.

I was called a dumbass somewhere in there... Because you think that Rosa Parks is obviously a democrat because she's black.

And I think you should have your head examined.

Quoted post[/post]]
I dont know how i missed that post, but i appreciate you brining it up, preluderjs

My history teacher woulda shot corvetteguy. before the crusades, what the muslims control? all of north africa and spain. The fact that the muslims had an organized religion meant they not only had a spoken language, but also a written one. The advent of writing in northern africa revolutionized that culture in the early 9th century. from there until about 16th century north africa was ruled by the muslims, and in that time they created great schools and educated the people in their controled land. Until the christians came back and fucked up their life and civilization, north africa was at the height of enlightenment not europe...europes technology and numbers just over powered the african people. I dont know how you think that slavery was a good thing, and frankly, i dont care. A comment like that comes from an uninformed mind, and any college history class (world history) would have taught you differently. After the siezing of christian land by the muslims (by force) the christians found it necissary to destroy everything muslim rather than learn from it.

its 345 in the morning, but i hope you get where this is going...basically dont say shit like "slavery helped africans" it makes you look ignorant in front of educated folks...and yeah i said folks.

O look a college know it all hippy...dude i am glad you can recite froma history book you read in college class yesterday..thats great....reminds of the scene from Good Will Hunting where the dude tries to make Chucky look like a fool by reciting a history book and had no real orignal thoughts of his own...like you

I never said Slavery was a GOOD thing....i actually said it was wrong in every way shape or form...

I'm saying slavery worked out very well for them....you think Michael Jordan would be making millions in africa playing B ball ina tribe witha bone stuck through his nose and plates in his mouth? I think not....This is my point...sometimes very bad things that happen to people...turn out to be very good things...Like a gay guy who gets fired from a job for being gay, then he turns around and sues for elevnty billion dollars....bad thing first..then a good thing ...see?...

There is no point in whining about something that happened over 140 years ago....it didn't happen to YOU, so quit whining....this is my point....No Matter if your Gay, Black, Mexican, Jewish or whatever...quit whining...Live life for today and stop dwelling on the past....

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

O look a college know it all hippy...dude i am glad you can recite froma history book you read in college class yesterday..thats great....reminds of the scene from Good Will Hunting where the dude tries to make Chucky look like a fool by reciting a history book and had no real orignal thoughts of his own...like you

I never said Slavery was a GOOD thing....i actually said it was wrong in every way shape or form...

I'm saying slavery worked out very well for them....you think Michael Jordan would be making millions in africa playing B ball ina tribe witha bone stuck through his nose and plates in his mouth? I think not....This is my point...sometimes very bad things that happen to people...turn out to be very good things...Like a gay guy who gets fired from a job for being gay, then he turns around and sues for elevnty billion dollars....bad thing first..then a good thing ...see?...

There is no point in whining about something that happened over 140 years ago....it didn't happen to YOU, so quit whining....this is my point....No Matter if your Gay, Black, Mexican, Jewish or whatever...quit whining...Live life for today and stop dwelling on the past....

wait wait wait....just because i go to college im a hippy.....DAYUM...i really hope someone else caught that link.

So im a moderate and not an ultra conservative...what are you gonna do...i still had enough sense not to vote for John Kerry. Yeah i voted for bush even though is a fuckin retard...but damnit, at least he's a predictable retard. I would be afraid to have john kerry as president.

Quoted post[/post]]

It seems like most of you would be far happier if black people still were second class citizens without any of the same rights that we hold dear...and take largely for granted.

Would be even more happier if they and the rest of the disenchanted minorities...err i mean majorities
would learn their fucking place in society and quit bitching about what they dont have or been supposedly screwed over by "the man" and go out there and make something for themselves.

News flash Leroy:

The word is pronounced: "ASK"
not: "AX"

As in: Can I ASK you a question?
not
Can I AX you a question?

Learn to speak proper english and I am sure you can get a job like everyone else.

Quoted post[/post]]

It would be even more (Double, lose the "more") happier if they and the rest of the disenchanted minorities...err i mean majorities
would learn their fucking place in society and quit bitching about what they dont have or been supposedly screwed over by "the man" and go out there and make something for themselves. (Run-on sentence, revise)

News flash Leroy:

The word is pronounced: "ASK"
not: "AX"

As in: Can I ASK you a question?
not
Can I AX you a question?

You need to learn to speak english properly and I am sure you can get a job like everyone else. (C-, Please see me after class)

tsk tsk.

Considering that was written in a minute with me screaming at one of my vendors on speaker phone while answering someone's question who came into my office with a "dire emgergency" all the while trying to trace a paper trail.....

Considering the fact that they say to write TO your audience.....I think I did just fine. :)

On a side note, did anyone else see celerity on the news last week at the million man march?

if you people think i'm a racist for what i said....

you're idiots. i freakin slept with a black chick for cryin out loud. i don't think to many haters would be going around hooking up with them now would they?

i guess im the only one taking a hit from the peace pipe. who wants it next?

Sorry. didn't know that typing conversations where you render your opinion on world events maxes out your mind. I did have a feeling that was the case though. I'll note this down.

Your sentences are as well formed as your opinions. I only wish that the anti-Parks sentiments here would take a step back and realise how ridiculous their statements are.

"Forget about the past"
"she broke a law"
Comparing it to smoking weed
"She's a complaining bitch"
"Negros are all bitches"

I'm through with this thread... but not because I'm particularly angry. You have just all shown your true colors in here, and I think that if a new user were to ask "What are some of these Hondaswappers like?" they would get more than enough info from your words and statements here.

Pat yourselves on the back, you're really bringing the human race into the future.

Quoted post[/post]]
if you people think i'm a racist for what i said....

you're idiots. i freakin slept with a black chick for cryin out loud. i don't think to many haters would be going around hooking up with them now would they?

I think you are an American Patriot for what you said in this thread.

The only troublemaker is celerity, who blindly is taking the same bullshit attitude towards everything just like the minorities are doing.

You are Pissedoffsol, and you should approve your message.

thank you good sir, for having the balls to tell it like it really is, instead of cowering because you are white and dont want to be thought of as a racist.

I dont think you are a racist. You are just fed up with all the reverse racism and bullshit going on nowadays.

In the realm of Rosa Parks, to which we are speaking of in this topic, The only racism that is going on was when she was not allowed to sit in the front of the bus because she was black.

She took a stand. She didn't take a stand because she wanted to start a movement, she didn't take a stand to be famous.

She was simply fighting for what she believed in. And she was on a losing team, a lonely woman against the town of people that hated her because of her color. That believed she wasn't human, and who upheld the Dredd Scott case, finding that blacks aren't human.

Do you realise what she did ? Apparently not.

Can you imagine the fear in her, or the destitute lack of feeling in her heart, when she did this ? She's braver than anyone here. Perhaps even, me. But I am stronger for understanding what she did.

After that, there is no black issue. She did something that is incredible for a human being. To stand up against the establishment in a losing war to prove that you are human. Not that you deserve a college fund, but the mere fact that you are human.

And that is what Rosa Parks did. And dammit, I said I was out of this. I guess I can't let this ignorance go on.

:lock:

Any dumbass with half a brain can see what he is trying to do in this thread....stir up as much bullshit as he can...

assumedly just to piss off, pissedoffsol.

Quoted post[/post]]
I dont think you are a racist. You are just fed up with all the reverse racism and bullshit going on nowadays.

exactly.

there was a black comedian on some late night show last night...

and, well, we all know that 98% of black comedy involves racist jokes, hatin on the crackah's, or something along those lines.

this guy said something that was actually pretty funny.

after he just told some bad ass joke about white people, he goes: I'm just playing.. I think we should change the way we judge people by color. From now i'm, i'm judging people by the color of their teeth, not their skin

:laugh:

forget it brian, just drop it man.

no matter what you say, you will always be perceived as a racist by the unintelligent.

and the more you try to explain the worse it looks.

that's my theory and this is why i am shutting my mouth. it's a lose-lose situation.

just do my best and i will hopefully make enough money to move out of the shithole that is los angeles and it's ghetto ass (beach) suburbs.

Quoted post[/post]]
I was called a dumbass somewhere in there... Because you think that Rosa Parks is obviously a democrat because she's black.

And I think you should have your head examined.

Sorry for calling you a dumbass, that was unnecessary. But you are in fact a dumbass if you believe that she didn't vote for Kerry. I suppose you also believe that she didn't vote for Bill Clinton twice. Think about what you're saying. No, I don't believe that all black people vote democratic. There are probably two or three black people in the country who vote republican. Let's see there's Condoleeza Rice...Colin Powell... Well there's at least two for you. :laugh:

Back