Rotor & Caliper question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

YangpaNemsay

I am planning to purchase J-Power brake rotors and was wondering how in the world I can upgrade my calipers. Would J-Power Rotors be compatible with a Caliper from another company i.e. StopTech, FastBrakes, Endless, Brembo, Baer, or would I be stuck with just using the stock calipers? Is there a caliper upgrade for the EG Civic Si?

---edit---

I used the search button and found that Brembo Blanks work ok too. I'm planning for street/auto-X on weekends. Which would you think would be my best bet?

J-Power or Brembo Blanks?

Just use the Brembo blanks. They're some of the best out there, and they don't cost too much. If you're going to use stock replacement rotors, any caliper you want to use that will work in the stock setup will be fine.

I just made this exact decision myself.
ended up buying Brembo blanks ($25ea)
and Hawk HPS pads ($50)

and I'm 100% satisified with my braking distance now

Originally posted by YangpaNemsay@Nov 10 2004, 04:38 PM
brembo blanks
hawk hps or hp+

Will this set up work well if I plan on abusing the shiznits out of my brake system on the track?
[post=414890]Quoted post[/post]​

if this will be a street/track car i suggest the Hawk HP+ pads .... i run them and have had no problem at HPDEs, autoX or spirited street use

if this will be a strictly track car then there are better choices, like full out race pads
you dont want to run full out race pads on the street though because they need to be warmed up in order to work (a friend of mine made this mistake)

you dont want to run full out race pads on the street though because they need to be warmed up in order to work (a friend of mine made this mistake)

Yup, in order for race pads to be effective, they need to be at operating temp, which are super high compared to OE pads. You'd have to do some crazy stopping to get them working good for the street LOL :D

Back