1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rotors/Pads and front axles for 91 civic si

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by ssssaintmarcus, Jul 11, 2008.

1. ssssaintmarcus

ssssaintmarcus Saint Marcus

Hey guys I am new to the forums and I just purchased a 91 civic si for 1000 dollars. But it needs new axles and new rotors. Are the ones off ebay good and where can I find decent axles?:confused:

2. efhondakid

efhondakid My name is Byron. VIP

For an OEM replacment, just get some Autozone axles, should be right around $100 and come with a life time replacment garuntee.

3. BrokenRex

BrokenRex New Member

for rotors i'd seriously consider tracking down some genuine brembo blanks (no slotting/drilling.) they should be comparable in price to all those ebay pieces of crap.

4. the.original.kermit

the.original.kermit I know everything

Where would you find those?

Also, keep in mind that drilled brakes have no benefit/hurt your brake performance.

5. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Senior Member

Autozone or Advance Auto carries Brembo IIRC; but I'd just go for something like Duralast Gold; one of the rotors with lifetime warranty...unless you race(as in road course or a lot of AutoX's) of course.

6. INJEN78

INJEN78 HS LEGEND

who told you this info???
    they do help you break better,and are way better for if your always stopping and going...due to heat disipation
    also keep in mind just drilled rotors will crack eventually so if you get any,get drilled and slotted

7. the.original.kermit

I've been told that that was a myth, drilled brakes have less metal and contact surface, so they actually produce MORE heat. I know what you are saying... the holes help in cooling right? Actually, hardly any air passes through the holes to help cool the disk.

Also, drilled brakes are know to crack... A LOT! I've heard that pretty much any cross drilled brake will crack at some time.

The only real benefit is a decrease in rotating mass. (Well technically there are two, the second is that they help degas the brakes, but modern brakes produce almost no gas anyways)

I wish I could find the artical that I read this all on the other day, but this will have to do. It pretty much says exactly the same thing.

Car Court - Brake Rotors: slotted versus drilled - Steven R. Rochlin, August 20, 2004 at 21:09:12

BTW I do think cross drilled brakes are SWEET looking. Almost so cool that I would consider buying them just because of how they look.

8. autox 89 dx

autox 89 dx Member

9. the.original.kermit

Don't get me wrong, slotted rotors have benefits. It's cross drilled rotors that don't

Cross drilled brakes? - Corvette Forum

10. the.original.kermit

11. ssssaintmarcus

ssssaintmarcus Saint Marcus

thanks guys i guess ill just go to autozone tues when i get paid and get axles and rotors. im very excited about my new/old civic haha i totaled my mazdaspeed6 n i shouldnt went with something i could do whatever with n learn about from the vry beginning depending on how the civic treats me im goin to b a honda fan 4 life

12. autox 89 dx

autox 89 dx Member

just get what ever you think is best and the style that you like most they all make your car stop get what ever is in you budget

13. BrokenRex

BrokenRex New Member

ironically, i got some from ebay... hehe

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted