Rotors

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Blanco@Oct 8 2004, 11:12 PM
I honestly don't care who gets credit for it. I just think that it's good information and should be in the reference section. :)
[post=400325]Quoted post[/post]​

I sure hope that you didn't write your school papers with the same attitude. If someone takes the time and effort to explain something that well, he should get the proper credit for it, no matter what their personality is. I'm sure if Loco had been the author of that piece, he would be making damn sure that he was getting all the credit he could milked out of it... and Loco certainly isn't known for being Mr. Sunshine. One of the best aspects of the internet is all the free information and the ease to copy and paste it for our own use. The "free" part is good, but at least give the credit where credit is due. Or... refrain from commenting on the author's personality in a disparging way.

BTW.... it's not dousche, it's DOUCHE. :p

why dignify that with a response...

Agreed. But ONLY if the original writer is credited.

why do you insist on posting if you contribute no relavent information?

pull your lip over your face and go play in traffic

Originally posted by reckedracing@Oct 11 2004, 03:14 PM
why dignify that with a response...

Agreed. But ONLY if the original writer is credited.

why do you insist on posting if you contribute no relavent information?

[post=401206]Quoted post[/post]​

Not that I should dignify YOUR response with a reply, but...

My first post in this thread to agree that the rotor article was well written and should be archived. Secondarily, I wanted to make my point that since others seem to know who did write it, that the REAL author should be credited with writing it, regardless of the quality of his character. In addition, I admit that I was very disapointed to find that Ji who contributed that article didn't write it. .. as he prides himself on his excellent automotive knowledge and good communication skills. Since in that particular post, he didn't admit to NOT writing those words right away and his DOUSCHE comment about the author came after GSRCRXsi pointed out that those weren't Ji's words... I now question what other of Ji's informative posts are his words or just a result of good web research and the use of control C and V on his keyboard. Whatever. I've never taken anyone's words and used them without giving credit to at least the general site that it came from.

Back on the original topic then, I use Brembo blanks on two of my cars with Porterfield R4S pads and I have been very satisfied with their performance. I take these cars on mountain roads and in autocross. It's an awesome combination! I made those choices based on Ji's suggestions and explanations last spring.

^^^There, I credited someone who I consider to be a douche. Happier now? Some of the brightest people are douches and don't play well with others. *shrug*

Edit: I found the thread that Ji's information came from. It's on page 3 of this thread from the Nissanclub.com forums and the poster was someone named Cobra.

Crossdrilled/slotted rotors-why they are like this, like that-final discussion

And for the record.... this post of mine is not meant as some personal attack on Ji. I am just replying to reckedracing's remarks. Ji enjoys his reputation as a tough guy, so I am only adding to it by calling him an intelligent douche.

Originally posted by Blanco@Oct 11 2004, 02:47 PM
I did actually and when I put forth an honest effort, I generally got A's. And you missed my point, so I'll explain it. Give the credit to whoever wrote the article and I don't care who that person is, it's good information and I think it should be in the reference section. I didn't say, "I nominate Loco for the reference section". I said, "I nominate this article for the reference section". Hopefully that was a little bit more clear.
[post=401193]Quoted post[/post]​

Thank you for taking the time to clarify your position.

i would have prefered it if you did not dignify my post with a response... but since you did...

no one gives a shit who wrote it as long as the information is correct...
this is not fucking high school or college, go narc on someone about plagiarizing somewhere else...

I now question what other of Ji's informative posts are his words or just a result of good web research and the use of control C and V on his keyboard.
who here gives a shit besides the ilickjisballs police?

Whatever. I've never taken anyone's words and used them without giving credit to at least the general site that it came from.

wow, that makes you special, NARC

There, I credited someone who I consider to be a douche. Happier now? Some of the brightest people are douches and don't play well with others.

something tells me its YOU who does not play well with others...

Ji enjoys his reputation as a tough guy, so I am only adding to it by calling him an intelligent douche.

will you please, for the love of god, JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP ALREADY...

no one gives a shit...
please go bust balls somewhere else...
and while you're at it...

Originally posted by reckedracing@Oct 12 2004, 12:25 PM
i would have prefered it if you did not dignify my post with a response... but since you did...

no one gives a shit who wrote it as long as the information is correct...
this is not fucking high school or college, go narc on someone about plagiarizing somewhere else...
[post=401611]Quoted post[/post]​

So you had to try to get the last word in. Well at least get YOUR information correct. GSRCRXsi (a mod) was the one who pointed out Ji's non-authorship of that article, and plagiarism was your term, not mine. So GSRCRXsi is actually the narc in this situation. <_<

IBTL

This topic has gotten out of control. There will be no further discussion / argument.

Closed by a moderator.

:locked:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back