Rough idle 95eg8 95ls

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

REVLIMITSOLJAH

I got a 95 eg8 with a b18b1 swap. Every once in a while the car will idle really crappy. I changed the iac valve. It still idles funny at normal opp temps. It's an intermittant problem. Could it be my fast idle valve or does that only come into play during cold start and/or idle for a/c? I dont know if i may also have an ignition or fueling concern. I think there is a 255lph or it might be 190lph or something. (walbro) pump and b&m regulator. Pressure is usually at about 45-47psi even when idling rough. New coil and complete tune-up done. Any input and help would be great. Thanks

I know fuel pressure should be 40 psi for a b18c1. I believe its a little less for the ls motors. I'd check as to what it should be in a factory service manual. redpepperracing.com has what you need. You may be running so rich its stumbling at idle.

If that's not it, try bleeding the coolant. Sometimes air pockets can form in the fast idle valve causing the idle to surge.

Finally, if thats not it, check the tps voltage. Tap into the middle wire coming out of the plug, and you should read .49 volts at idle. If it's off, loosen the 2 screws holding it in place and adjust it to where it needs to be.

Back