rough idle question!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i read the tech article on the rough idleing. and it says to un-plug the IACV plug. and if the idle speeds up. then yuor IACV sensor is good.

well....i un-plugg'd the IACV plug. and my idle "bogg'd down"!!! so is it safe to say my IACV sensor is junk?

thanks

worth a shot, they arent too expensive, just get one from a junk yard or something. if you are still using the gsr intake manifold, you HAVE to use the gsr IACV. if you have skunk2 then you can use the b16/trpe r/or gsr.

i'm useing the victorX IM!!! do you know which other ones would work then?

thanks

oh, and all the junk yards around here barely have any imports!! so just going to go pick one up is out of the question!! i'll need to buy it over the internet.

but.....i know someone that just wreck'd there 97 integra ls. and they would sell me the hole car for $1000. would the IACV work off of that one?

maybe. get me a pic of the IACV that you have and ill tell you what kind you need

lol, can you get a pic of the 2 bolts that hold it on? thats what i really need to see. the gsr IACV has the bolts wider apart then the b16/ls ones

and if it fits on your manifold, why are you asking what one you need? just get the same one that you have then.

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Sep 6 2004, 11:34 PM
and if it fits on your manifold, why are you asking what one you need? just get the same one that you have then.
[post=386816]Quoted post[/post]​

well because it is hard to find a 94-95 GSR in the junk yard. or even online. so i just need to know which other B-series IACV will fit on my IM!?!

thanks

also, if the GSR IACV is the only one that will fit my IM. then does it matter which year it is then?

thanks

yea, the gsr one is a lot different then the b16 ones, the bolt patterns dont line up. you will need a gsr one unless your manifold has both bolt patterns like the skunk2 manifold does. look on the back of the manifold after you take off the IACV. you should if it will only accept the gsr one there will only be 2 holes for the mounting bolts to go through. if it will accept the b16 ones as well it will have 3 mounting holes.

this is the best pic i could find. its a skunk2 IM and you will see what im talking about.
SKunk2IntakeManifoldLarger.jpg

well i called edelbrock. and they said the victorX IM for the GSR. only have the IACV holes for the GSR IACV!!!

so i need a GSR IACV. does it matter what year i get it from?(94-and up? or 94-95?)

thanks

nope, year doesnt matter, i have one from a 96 gsr on my car right now.

Back