Rough Running

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

GlassHeadlights

West West Yall
I'm helping out a friend. She has a 1990 Civic CX (D15B2) and we sold it to her. We put a new head on it two years ago. Two weeks ago it started to run rough once in a while. Then it stopped running yesterday, but we got it back running today. No cels are being thrown. Sometimes it will start and run like any normal motor and sometimes it will run like garbage and when you give it gas it will bogg out and stall.

The only things I can think of are fuel dilevery and change the plugs, wires and dizzy cap.

Have any ideas?

rotor, maybe screw is loose/out? the flaky starts and then giving gas/bogging out/stall is what makes me think it. I just spent $150 finding out the rotor was loose in my d15b2 a coupla weeks ago; same symptoms. fucking stupid, i put off doing plugs, wires, cap and rotor all summer to have a catastrophic wtf on the way to work one morning in the rain. come to find out the screw had worked itself loose over time and finally fell the hell out - the rotor only spun right every once in awhile, resulting in my crap ass spark/fuel mgt.

check into it - it's free to tighten a screw, anyway -- unless you're me and had no idea wtf just happened to you on the way to work. i'll know what to check next time, that's fo sho. ;)

I just spent $150 finding out the rotor was loose in my d15b2 a coupla weeks ago; same symptoms. fucking stupid, i put off doing plugs, wires, cap and rotor all summer to have a catastrophic wtf on the way to work one morning in the rain. come to find out the screw had worked itself loose over time and finally fell the hell out
I feel you (wo) man.;)

Its always the simplisest things.

Well we went over there today. We brought new plugs and a dizzy that we knew worked.

So this is how it went. It was cold and the car started and ran fine so went for a quick drive and it made up more and more tempature. We were on the highway going 70mph ish and it was sailing along nicely. We stopped at a light and it was missing and bogging out at low RPMs. After like 3000-4000 RPM is was completly fine. We pulled off the road and put the plugs in and the dizzy too. That seemed to smarten it up. The dizzy was built in 2005 but its not a genuine Honda one. The dizzy we put in has like 200,000 mi on it.

Back