1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

round 2

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by pissedoffsol, Jun 3, 2006.

1. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

I Have an interview on tuesday most likely at another company :)

2. Bl6CRX

Bl6CRX Senior Member

Nice! I'm glad to see a rough start didn't discourage you. :)

You'll be a lot better this time around now that you have the first to learn from.

3. jeffie7

jeffie7 Wrong Whole! VIP

If all else fails just get on your knees.

[​IMG]

4. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

last week's was the 5th interview i've been to in 06. lol I just sucked on it for some reason.

only for you.... homo

5. reikoshea

reikoshea HS Troll...And Mod Moderator VIP

why no bj.....maybe little bj?

good luck. ya know youve got 40,000+ people behind you.

6. smarty009

smarty009 Senior Member

hey man...no need to get nervous...just be yourself...be honest...and tell them what you know...youll do fine man...youre gonna get this one!!!!!!

7. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

it's just real freakin annoying when i'm the only one who freakin gets work...

the last 4 that are unassigned at the bottom there are all mine too.... they were submitted today and simply haven't been assigned by my boss yet, but they are my projects.

Nice fair work load, ehh?

14 for me

2 or 3 max for everyone else.
    there's one developer who's name isn't even on the frigging list. the other 2 have 1 work order each.

i have four fucking teen.

Attached Files:

• wo.png
      wo.png
      File size:
      38.1 KB
      Views:
  8. jeffie7

jeffie7 Wrong Whole! VIP

Milkin ya.

9. Bl6CRX

Bl6CRX Senior Member

Well theres certainly a reason for that. Maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to bring that along to the interview, might be able to work it in there.

BTW, did you tell your current work that you were going to an interview or just take a sick/personal day?

10. TurboMirage

TurboMirage YEEAAAHHH VIP

why did you block out your last name? everyone knows what it is :p

edit: good luck B! :mrgreen:

11. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

i called out sick last week. this one they are open late, so i'm going to skip out a little early and head down so i don't have to miss another day. You'll find that the places that really want you will go out of your way to meet with you. For the job i applied for at cronin, i met up with the supervisior at a coffee shop on a thurs night or something.

12. smarty009

smarty009 Senior Member

wow...they are giving you a huge workload...but yea...it could possibly be beneficial for you to take that with you to the interview and be all like..."this is how important i am to this company im working for right now...so you can count on me to get the job done."

13. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

interview went real well :) I'm 98% sure i got the job. They were talking like I was already hired and what I 'will' be doing (not 'could' be doing) and how my call center expeirence will be a HUGE help in the roll-out of their new product (which is similar to the live talk apps out there to talk with a CS rep online in a flash chat type deal, only this one will be integrated into their ecommerce product, so order info and what not can be right there to push to the client or viewed by the agent). Discussed leave time from the current job, etc. Talked for about 2 hours.... about an hour about the job, and about an hour about general web BS and what not talking about the companies plans and so forth. It was more of a conversation among nerds than an interview.

They've been around since early 2000, and have posted a profit since their 3rd month. They owe nothing and their books are clean. So, it's not a start up where I have to worry about getting laid off in a month.
    They are also talking about buying out another company to take over their clients, effectively doubling the size of the company.

Owner drove a new 5-series. didin't notice what the other developer drove as he left half way through the interview. But, needless, they are making money :)

They are looking to open an office in Orlando shortly, and want to do some dinsey trips for the employess... basically work in florda for a week here and there and get some time to go play on the company :mrgreen:

they do bonuses for good work all the time, simple stuff like dinner passes and what not. They said they try to figure out what their employees are into and try to get them stuff they might like. Maybe I'll score some Skip Barber coupons if I do good :mrgreen:

They have one more guy to interview on thursday, and then they said they would call me thurs or friday. It sounded like they didn't even want to hear from the other guy. But, I think I'm in for sure. "Is your cell number good to reach you?" sure is :)

Salary hasn't been fully negotiated yet as he has to get it approved by his partner, but we talked briefly about it.... and they are offering almost double what I'm making now, plus a significant sign-on bonus :) My dad is going to be pissed when I tell him i'm making more than him now. :mrgreen:

Best part- after I'm there for a couple months and am in the flow, I get to work from home 3 or 4 days a week, or even all 5 depending on what's going on. Only have to come in for meetings and such :)
    They will be paying for my phone and internet and skype account :)

2 weeks vaca, 5 personal/sick to start.
    3 weeks after 3 years + 5 pto's.

They said they aren't really on the book about this either. As long as it's not abused, if you go over a couple for a good reason, it's not a big deal.

Owner seems real cool and down to earth- should be a good guy to work with. By the end of the night, we were talking like bar buddies and joking around with each other about how much some clients suck and are a pain in the ass. lol I also chatted with their other prgrammer who was there for the first half... mostly to talk technical and what I know. He seemed impressed with my knowledge and thinks that I know enough to work out with the brief talks we had. Typical nerd... lol but seemed like a cool guy nonetheless. I'm used to it. I work with nerds all the time. Hell, I'm a nerd :mrgreen:. They gave me a few troubleshooting sql hypotheitcals and I gave them a run down on how I would solve the problems or to optimizes stuff that wasn't running good.

Watched a power point while he talked about the company and what exaclty they do and how they do it.

The best part, is that they don't have account executives. So I will be doing some business calls with clients for specs and what not. So, I don't have some dipshit Account guy promising a full cms in 2 days... [​IMG] So this will also push me into the business side of things in addition to programming.... which is a great career step for later on down the road when it comes time for me to move to IT director :p I talk to clients now, along side the AE's, so this will just be a small step up having full charge over the whole project from its design specs to the actual programming.

benneis look good, they match a small percent on 401k, offer 70% on health insurnace (which is WAY better than i'm getting now ) but no dental... no biggie.... the amount i save in health will more than cover my typical cleanings and or fillings. I might look around for my own dental plan jsut in case though... dental is pretty cheap comparitively. and god forbid i need a bridge or crown.

The office is nice and modern, big cubes, cherry desks in the conference rooms.... I get a dual 19 or 20" monitor work station plus a laptop for home most likely. :mrgreen: It's 30 seconds off the highway in the woods, so no worry about my car getting smashed any more. nice secluded area and well-lit lot yet easy to get to. getting lunch my pose a problem though.... there's nothing there. lol oh well, i'll just have to start brown bagging it.

end of year bonus- percent of coompany profits. And from what i gather out of it, this is a BIG dollar figure. The more we make the company, or save the company by automating something, or getting a better piece of equipment, the more the employee's make.

Took me an hour to get there, but only 35min to get back. I went a bass-ackwards way in.... damn google maps. lol the drive is nice and not real traffic'ed up. And although its kinda long at about 30 miles, i won't be making the drive all the time :) And I can EASILY afford to buy a commuter car that's better on gas than the sti.... like an M3 or something :mrgreen: j/k.

Home office = spare bedroom = tax write off at the end of the year... get to write off like 20% of power bill, etc etc. so i'll be saving even more money there too.

So, i'm waiting on the phone call at the end of the week, will hopefully put in my 2 weeks on Monday... and start there at the end of June.
    2 weeks to wrap up all those work orders, put together a knowledge transfer document, and try to leave on the best terms possible. I have no hard feelings with guys i work with... they just don't have a say in what happens... so it's not their fault. But at the same time, me leaving is going to fuck them hard I think.

I really think that even if they were to offer me the same salary to stay, i don't think i'd take it. I doubt it will happen anyway. My current office is the ghetto compred to this place. It's time for me to move on, broaden my horizons, and park in a lot where my car won't get fucked up by crack heads.

Wish me luck towards the end of the week :)

14. jeffie7

jeffie7 Wrong Whole! VIP

What did I tell ya! a BJ goes along way. Glad you wised up.

Jeffie7: you got something on your lip
    pissedoffsol: he told me he loved me
    pissedoffsol: :-(
    Jeffie7: thats more then most guys say after they're done with you
    pissedoffsol: yeah, i usualy get "get out of here bitch, you stink like my cum"

15. BigJ

BigJ I'm just about that action Boss. VIP

Way to go man. Hopefully its all yours and everything turns out great. Sounds like the cat is almost in the bag.

Remember not everything is true. It always sounds way better than it is. I'm just being devils advocate and hoping you don't go in thinking its going to be heaven on earth and get yoru panties in a bunch and end up losing your shirt. Just keep your head on straight, and persevere. :)

16. TurboMirage

TurboMirage YEEAAAHHH VIP

very nice brian.

things always look up for you, eventually :thumbsup:

17. smarty009

smarty009 Senior Member

thats great news...glad to hear you came out of this one at least feeling like you got it...now hopefully the last person they interview is stupid...lol...but from the way it sounds...sounds like you got it...congrats

18. reckedracing

reckedracing TTIWWOP VIP

nice

do they need an in house accountant?

19. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

20. Citizen_Insane

Citizen_Insane Senior Member

Hell yeah, that sounds awsome! Hope you get the job :thumbsup:

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted