Round2 - Gustav

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

If these people are dumb enough to live there in the first place, get hit with one major storm, go back and try to rebuild, then hear of another one coming and still want to stay, IMO they deserve to die. Its some higher power telling you to GTFO, Im with you on this one B, I just dont get how dumb you have to be to settle in a place like this. :dunno:
agreed. the money spent on the relief could have gone to better use

yes, right now it looks like a failure. but its still pouring rain and some levees are already over toppiing. even the mayor says they aren't in the clear yet.

There is no benefit to us if New Orleans gets hit again. We'll just foot the tax dollars and push the nation further into debt. While doing so, we are given the shithead speculators a reason to push oil prices back into unwarranted territories.

I see no benefits short or long term.

Darwinism.

A few people who were too fucking stupid to leave will no longer spread their seed. And the world will be a better place for it.

Other than that, yeah, We'll all be paying for this shit.

Darwinism.

A few people who were too fucking stupid to leave will no longer spread their seed. And the world will be a better place for it.

Other than that, yeah, We'll all be paying for this shit.

In a perfect world that would play out, but in our world we will save those who clings to the basin of society and require the most help. Those who have morals and attempt to stand on their own are far more likely of being ruined and standing without much warranted help.

I'd be all for it if it actually cleared out some of the bottom feeders. Reality is that it won't clear the bottom feeders out, it will serve to increase the handouts for bottom feeders.

One of my friends who was in the Coast Guard flew helicopters over there for the relief aid asked a local sheriff why people called New Orleans "chopper city". Figuring it was a term related to motorcycles or helicopters. Turns out, "chopper" is slang for an AK47. And "chopper city" refers to the relatively large number of high powered weapon killings that happen in the city.

Nice place.

So far its been documented as a Cat. 2 when the hurricane actually hit. Last I heard, one levee was ready to burst. Oil speculators will still be driving prices up tomorrow morning even though we just dogged a speculators silver bullet.

Oil prices were down $4 a barrel, but that doesn't mean that they won't go up $8 tomorrow.

Oil prices were down $4 a barrel, but that doesn't mean that they won't go up $8 tomorrow.

They started a climb on Friday afternoon. After hour trading over the holiday weekend will have pushed prices up, but hopefully the fact that the news has arrived that the hurricane pretty much left New Orleans unscathed will cause the market to simmer when it opens tomorrow morning.

markets were open elsewhere other than the USA, and oil dropped today.

either way, i'm pissed. fuck you gustav, you pussy. lol

do you think the government would really keep paying for the damage caused by hurricanes if it ever happened that badly again (it seems like it can't be avoided)? you'd think somebody would say "look, it's not safe, you idiots move out"

oil down again today, hit a low of like 105.50

Back