Router doesn't work

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dustin_m

this shit is getting on my last nerve. here at my house we have roadrunner cable. theres six guys that live here that have comps, and most of us download, so that might have something to do with it.

basically our router will just suddenly start flasshing all the lights and we lose the internet. so i always have to walk my ass to the living room and pull the pwoer cord to reset it.

we first had a LinkSys router, then went and bought a brand new Netgear. they both do the same thing. then we thought it was getting too hot and shutting off, so we raised it up and have a fan on it now. didn't work. this shit is annoying because it happens atleast twice a day, somedays every 10-`15 minutes.

any ideas as to what it could be?

yeah. ive got three machines on mine. i have to do the same thing as you, once a week.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
yeah, stop using shitty routers.

get a cisco with that much traffic :p
ok how much can i get a decent one for?

holy shit, they are expensive

What are you looking at, a 2503? Those can be had on the cheap and are decent for routing cablemodems. They only have 10Mbit ports (AUI at that) but you have a max downstream of what, 8Mbit? That'll do fine.

Just be sure to get one with a new firmware or find the latest version you can find. Keep that beast secure.

Are the Cisco ones wireless too or am i gonna have to run cables to each computer? and can anyone recommend a certain model?

Back