rpm jumps up in gear

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

makemagick

So it happened before onceee in while so.i did not pay much mind to it. Yesterdy however it started happening frequently. when im in gear especially lower ones the rpm suddenly jump up. I wouldnt say jump up even. It feels more like when you accelerate kver a bump too quick, however it does it by itself in 1 2 less noticbly at 3rd, by the tkme you grt to 5th it doest happen anymode. Could this be because of leaking clutch master cylider? Got a new one yesterday because i wanted to.replace it since its leaking anyways. Or is this more of a distributor problem? I heard when distributor fries it has similar symptoms

So the engine RPM jumps, or the needle jumps? If the engine is over revving while in gear, you probably need a clutch, as it is slipping. And fix that leaky master cylinder. That'll cause all kinds of problems. If its just the tach needle jumping with no change in actual engine RPM it could be a dizzy issue.

So the engine RPM jumps, or the needle jumps? If the engine is over revving while in gear, you probably need a clutch, as it is slipping. And fix that leaky master cylinder. That'll cause all kinds of problems. If its just the tach needle jumping with no change in actual engine RPM it could be a dizzy issue.

Clutch is 2 months old, ill try to change the cylinder n see if that helps :/ hopefully it didnt fuck my clutch too hard

Did you adjust it properly? If it wasn't fully clamping you could have already cooked your new clutch.

did not install it myself, my mechanic buddy did (never did a clutch change before myself so didnt wanna risk it, but it seemed decent til master started leaking

so as i drove it more last night it was good, until i started comin back home, it started doin it again -___- not as much though, did it in the morning n as i.got.to my friends house to show him it stopped doing it again, question...if it would be the clutch would it.not doing more constantly.then that though?

what kind of car, and when you say it jumps, do you mean like up and down on its own, or just when you hit the gas.? and put it in 4th gear at low speed and slam it to the floor see what it does then. if it jumps something is up with the clutch.

does it go up and down on its own. while driving steady.

it fees like a quick jerk, n i thiiink it happens when the gas pedal is pressed lightly on any speed...aka low throttle., as the gears go up it becomes less noticeable...again it doesnt happen that frequently but frequently enough if that makes sensd

Last edited:
well if its not bouncing up and down on its own that rules out the alternator. i cant think of anything else besides, timing or clutch.

ill give it a few more days maybe it will drive it off, if not ill take it to a mechanic or something :/

i also replaced a tps sensor recently, after doing a bit of googling i noticed some people have the same.jerk with tps sensot. I adjusted mine to 0.5v like the manual said. however now i think of it it started doin it in the same time frame somewhat.

i thought bout it before, but i have nothing to hold the phone, yheoretically i think i need to caliberate the tps sensor, because it must misread something n mess with the air going in. Does that sound possible?

calibrated tps, drove around for 20 minutes, looks like its gone, will tell you for sure.in a day or 2 unless it comes back earlier

yeah, didnt fix shit :( it went away for the night n came right back in the morning

integra stumbling - YouTube here though, i got a video, that was in first gear n the most severe. it happens in other gears but as i said before less severe. the only relationship between jumps i found is every time its at the low throttle.

any check codes on ? and id hate to do it but you may have to replace everything aout the fuel and air. sensors,injectors ecu ect ect

nope no engine light :/, but why ecu though? The only other air filter is MAP, no? And fuel wise, the filter is.a few months old, n why would it happen specifically at low throttle?

Back