RPM on Timing light question?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I'm going to buy a timing light soon and I was just gonna buy a regular $50-60 one. But know i need a rpm guage, because i sent my TB out to maxbore.com to get it bored out and when i put it back on I'm going to need some kind of rpm gauage so that i can properly set my rpm. So then i saw a Timing light that has a digital rpm display on it. So my question is does anyone have one of these timing lights with the rpm reader on it? And is it acurate? I don't wanna go off my rpm gauage in my dash becasue I have reverse glow gauges on there and its not accurate. If they are garbage
does anyone now where I can get a VERY CHEAP rpm gauage (like under $50) just for testing purposes???

I am sure it is a lot more acurate than an analog built in tachometer. It is reading from induction, therefore the timing light is actually reading the actual sparks that are being produced. It only needs to get you into an RPM range so you can adjust your idle.
If you want a cheapo RPM gauage just buy a new cluster from a similar year EX or Si model.

Back