rpm problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dok

ok I gat this del sol with a gsr motor and tranny in it I just looked and found out it has the del sol ecu the one for the b16a that's ok the problem is it ok when its cold but when it warms up it starts to rev from 1 to 1500 up and down up and down it is a pain in the ass sound i also saw that it has a harness on top of the manifold that looks like its missing a countion to some wires and there seems to be a open vac line on that as well please help I am going crazy with this car

The loose vacuum line is probably your main problem. Hook that bitch up and see what develops. As far as the wires... I really don't know. Maybe the MAP sensor, that's where mine is on my manny. Are you throwing any codes at all?

sounds like a vaccuum leak, check your hoses

ya I don't know there is a sensor on the top it has 2 line that some out of it on goes to the motor the other has no hose so i don't know were it goes if any one has pic of a gsr on a del sol it will help alot

i tried the my ecu its a gsr and the same shit up down up down I want to burn this car the only thing I see is the stupid senor on the top of the monifold with no were to go if any one knows what it is or were it goes it will help alot

The one on top of the manifold is probly your Intake Air Temp sensor. If is sits around the no. 1 and 2 runners, then it's it.

This sensor wouldn't cause this, as far as I know......

ya thats the one were does it plug to even though I don't have the plug when i get it I would like to know were it goes thanks alot

thanks alot guy it was the fucken map senor that was gone. ha ha ha my friend gat this car becuse the guy that had it thought the head was gone so traded a del sol with a gsr and all we gave him was a 92 hb with 160k miles stock as shit all thanks to you guys thanks

Originally posted by dok@Dec 4 2003, 04:54 PM
thanks alot guy it was the fucken map senor that was gone. ha ha ha my friend gat this car becuse the guy that had it thought the head was gone so traded a del sol with a gsr and all we gave him was a 92 hb with 160k miles stock as shit all thanks to you guys thanks

say what?

goes to show that a little know how will get you a long way and help from you guys

Originally posted by LeanMeanMarine@Dec 5 2003, 11:59 AM
Oh man... you could always gat another IACV or try gatting a new ECU or just gat proper english!

or just gat proper english

I wonder who needs proper english :lol: :lol: :lol:

well guys im the lucky bastard that got the gsr del sol 4 my pretty much stock hatchback civic. when i say it was pretty much stock i mean the motor was stock exept 4 an intake and it had an exhaust, but i also had an invader cf hood and it had some sounds when i traded it. but i dont need help with the idling anymore now i got bigger problems. this past saturday i rolled the del sol over so now im looking for parts for my del sol if anyboidy got some let me know..

didnt have the car long i see
5 steps for u to do to save a a little money

1.pull the motor
2.junk the del sol (or keep it as a rebuilder)
3.buy another hatch
4.drop the gsr in the hatch
5.have fun

i dont wanna junk it 1 cause theres really no frame damage 2 i prefer a del sol over a hatch anyday 3 it would cost me more to buy a hatch than to fix this car. i can get all the parts pretty cheap if i pay sum guys to get em for me it will only cost me about 600 to get a perfectly good working b16 del sol for parts but its kinda illegal i want that to be my last resort, thats y im asking around first to see if anyone got any spare parts for cheap

fuck it tell them to get the sol and tear it apart, give it some time and buy the parts...y, having possesion of stolen property is illegal. As time goes by people tend to forget.

Disregard all of that if people got the parts for you legally.

well i would kind of have to be directly inbolved in the process and seeing as i got court on the 17th i dont really wanna get into anymore shit so ill rather pay for them if someone has the parts but if i go thru and do the other thing i would have a whole b16a dels sol that i could sell for parts once i get the parts that i need out of it. i dunno wut ima do yet but the illegal way sounds tempting lol

Back