rpm switch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I was wondering, does anyone know is rpm switch's can be used to turn something off as well as something on? because I plan on using one switch to turn something off and then another one to turn something on as soon as the first one turns off. sorry for the vague details, I have a cool little project and I want to keep it under wraps until it's done. but if anyone knows let me know, thanks!

well more what I'm wondering is, how do you deactivate the switch? because I know that like the name says they are activated when they hit a certain rpm and deactivated when it drops below that rpm. but can you make it turn off when it gets to high? like say I wanted one to be activated from 500-6000 rpm then it shuts off at 6000 rpm. Then have the second one turn on from 6000 to 7500 rpm, but seeing that I wold have shifted and it would have dropped below the 6000 rpm it would turn off and the other one would activate and then kind of create a loop. my real question is how do would I get the first one to turn off at the 6000 rpm. if anyone knows what I'm talking about please let me know

Regardless of whether your RPM switch has it built in or not, you could simply do it with a relay. But to get the effect you're describing, you'd need two RPM switches.

You're being overly vague on what you're trying to do, so it's impossible to help you. However, I can guarantee that a standalone ECU will do the job better than anything you could ever rig up. You could get that effect with configurable outputs simply by connecting the wires and then entering numbers in the software. Whatever it is you're trying to do to the engine is going need ignition and afr changes and not simply switching something on and off. VTEC, NO2 and boost control all come to mind.

Back