1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RS-R Exhaust Not Fitting on Civic

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by sleeper1.6, Jun 21, 2008.

1. sleeper1.6

sleeper1.6 Member

I just got a RS-R Ex-Mag exhaust for my 92 Civic CX with a B16a in it, and when I went to put the exhaust in it, it was about 8-10 in. to short. The hangers aren't even in the right place. Don't get me wrong it has to be the right exhaust, because it bends just like my older one, it's just too short. And another thing is, the end where you hook the exhaust system to the header is different (RS-R has triangle with 3 bolts my header has an oval shape). Anyway anything can help.

2. t3t4delsol

t3t4delsol New Member

um... you know you need a cat right? cause thats your 8 to 10 inches, and it has the flanges your talking about

3. JermBizzle

JermBizzle Active Member VIP

Yeah you either need a cat or a piece of flex pipe to fill in that gap, your exhaust system needs to be able to flex a little with engine movement. You also only need to take your car to an exhaust shop (preferably close since you'll be open header) and have them take off the old flange and weld on a new one that fits your exhaust....should be set after that.

4. sleeper1.6

sleeper1.6 Member

It has a cat on it, it came with 3 pieces,and it is a cat back exhaust. My old exhaust was a custom one, and I don't have a flex pipe for it. Can I get a test pipe for it?

Last edited: Jun 21, 2008
  5. JermBizzle

JermBizzle Active Member VIP

You're best bet it sounds like is to take it to an exhaust shop that you can halfway trust to not rip you a new one and just get it fixed up and connected good.

6. autox 89 dx

autox 89 dx Member

post pics it will help

7. vtecsir1

vtecsir1 Senior Member

just get an omni test pipe for like 75 bucks. it is a slip fit and you can take a piece out if you have too.

8. BrokenRex

BrokenRex New Member

the new exhaust doesn't have a cat on it. that's a resonator. sure it's possible that it came with a cat, but i've never heard of or seen any exhaust come with a cat.

9. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

I think he was saying that the car has a cat on it.

And yeah, just take it to a reputable exhaust shop. I bought a pre-made cat-back for my Integra from K-Teller, and it didn't fit quite right either. A muffler shop was able to easily fix it though...

10. BrokenRex

BrokenRex New Member

that sounds to me like he doesn't have a cat on the end of the header. that's why i informed him that his exhaust has a resonator, not a cat.

11. the.original.kermit

the.original.kermit I know everything

It should go header>cat>some length of straight pipe>resonator>more length of pipe with bends>muffler

Also, I don't think that a muffler shop will make a test pipe for you, I know that some places are kinda weird about that.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted