RSR exmag exhaust

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

seanjuan

This is sort of a swap related question in that I'm worried about proper fitment of the exhaust now that I have a B16 in my car.

I had a thermal R&D exhaust on for a while and that didn't fit right even wih the D engine in.

also, I want an exhaust that is quiter than the thermal stealth system and figured the RSR might be because it has a baffled muffler instead of a straight through design.

sorry if I shouldn't be posting this here but I didn't see a forum on here for exhaust related questions

if you don't want it to be loud then go back to the stock. any performance exhaust will be louder! try apexi exhaust. that might be quiter. by the way what the fuck is RSR?

Darin

Originally posted by darwins_vtech@Jul 24 2003, 11:40 AM
if you don't want it to be loud then go back to the stock. any performance exhaust will be louder! try apexi exhaust. that might be quiter. by the way what the fuck is RSR?

Darin

go back to stock huh.

the RS*R Ex-Mag is a great quality exhaust and is very quiet (when they release one for the del sol i am strongly considering it)
the Apexi WS is high quality and pretty quiet
curenty im running the Tanabe HM its pretty quiet, has a nice deep tone but is pretty loud when you hit the high lobes

have you seen any dB numbers for the Ex-mag?
on another forum I was talking to a guy who said that the thermal stealth was supposed to be 92 dB (measured at 3ft away under WOT) but I haven't been able to find a dB number for the ex-mag

the stealth is supposed to be thermal's "quiet" exhaust, but was still much louder than I care for

actually I really liked it but when I had passengers we had to talk over the volume of the exhaust and it got old fast

I've also heard that there are fitment problems with the WS, something about it hitting the gas tank

I think anything with a straight through design is going to be louder than I want, that is why I'm so interested in the Ex-mag

I ran the WS on my b16 equipped EG, no problems and loved it.

Milan

I'm still a little nervous because I haven't heard it for myself, I don't want to drop all that money on something that I'm not going to be completely happy with

thanks for the info

Back