RSR GT 2 exhaust

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Stockeg

Alright guys i need your help, I have a 93 cx hatch with a b16. I just installed a Vibrant 4-1 header and R-SR GT 2 cat back. The trouble is i dont know what size test pipe to run, so far I used one I had laying around that was 17.5 inches long and made the canister poke out.......about a foot away from the back bumper. Now i had a 16.5in test pipe made and the exhaust still pokes out past the rear bumper by 4 inches or so, and is now vibrating against the gas tank at idle. Anyone know the right length i need or is this just the way this exhaust sits? Thanks in advance for your help.

take the 4 inches out of the test pipe that the muffler was sticking out.......and voila 12.5 inches and ur muffler should be where itneeds to be

Originally posted by driver1@Sep 2 2004, 06:05 PM
take the 4 inches out of the test pipe that the muffler was sticking out.......and voila 12.5 inches and ur muffler should be where itneeds to be
[post=385435]Quoted post[/post]​

probably not, when the pipe was made 1 inch shorter it brought the exhaust back at least 3-4 inches. Does anyone know catalytic converter lengths for Si or Dx models seeing as how this exhaust is made to work with that length cat? Maybe some has a pic from the top or side they could show, the only pics i can find are from the back and its hard to see how it fits.

ok, i'm gonna lay this out for you step by step

1) Put the exhaust on the car

2) Measure the distance from the downpipe to the exhaust, providing you have the exhaust hung in the exact location that you want it

3) Make a test pipe which is the length that you measured

4) Weld the necessary flanges on it and bolt it up

problem solved :)

Back