rsx k20a base engine how??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

1996cool

i have a base model rsx i would like to know if i can change the head to type s and would that be easy,will it be worth the trouble? the rsx still has the auto tranny . just wanted to know if its worth changing the heads. also im assuming i will need the computer for the swaped head and what hp increase would i be looking at any advice appreciated

i even decided to do some research for you but i am not finding anything on this head swap. but, it definitely looks like the main difference is with a variable timing on the exhaust and the length/type of intake runner. it is good to ask the question of how, but make sure to supplement this thread with plenty of personal research. plus you can inform us all on what you have found. :) happy hunting!!

oh shit i see you have an auto tranny... now i want to ask, do you really want to tune this car, or would it make more financial sense to trade it for a used civic si??? :) that would be my vote... have you ever owned a hatch before? just my personal opinion but a hatch is much more user friendly when it comes to interior space useage... plus i love the way the civic hatch looks. :)

i had a 91 hatch before but it had a mini me swap only. i took over the rsx from a buddy of mine and i have read several articles that i could change the head and make good or more horses im just curious if thats true or not if i find out i will let u guys know

You will need a k20a2 ecu to run the better head. None of the k20a2's came with an automatic, so you will have some trouble getting it to run right.

Back