RSX mis-shift

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Qwikcivic

A couple of months ago someone posted pictures of an RSX where the driver missed a shift and blew the motor. The pistons looked like baked potatoes. I tried the search button but it's not working if anyone knows which forum the post was in please let me know. Thanks

Yea, i remember that. It was posted on another forum and linked here. The kid shifted from 5th to 2nd and blew the motor.

Ill try and look for it.

I found what you were talking about, the pics were just little red X's though.

here

Also found a video of an RSX Mis-shifting, it's probably a repost, but kind of funny.
Movie

EDIT^

I remember the original potato pistons thread :) After some searching I can only find one remaining picture from it:

kaboom.jpg

If I recall correctly, after doing the math we determined the motor revved to over 16k before exploding.

I don't think that video is from that picture, it doesn't sound like he blew anything, and seems like someone posted that a couple weeks ago, and said it was fine.

Originally posted by lowandslow@May 21 2004, 10:15 AM
:eek: goddamn

16k=hayabusa

ummmm :no:

16K = blown up hyabusa maybe

hyabusas redline at 11K

the vid is a different RSX, but a mis-shift. I found it and thought it was funny and relavent (sp?) to the topic.

Do you have any other pics of the engine?

Originally posted by E_SolSi+May 21 2004, 02:31 PM-->
lowandslow
@May 21 2004, 10:15 AM
:eek: goddamn

16k=hayabusa

ummmm :no:

16K = blown up hyabusa maybe

hyabusas redline at 11K

You beat me to it =)

bigger CC bikes tend to have a lower redline then the smaller CC bikes

the smaller the motor the higher it has to rev to make power my 600CC bike goes to 14,700RPM

my .12 engine on my RC car goes to about 30K RPM =) makes almost 1HP some of the .12 race engines put out 1.5HP and spin up to 35K+ RPM

I miss using my RC cars =)

Back