1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RSX TRANNY

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by turbob18, Oct 8, 2005.

1. turbob18

turbob18 Junior Member

I am currently in the process of purchasing a 02 RSX but it is an automatic. I would buy a type s but i cant beat the price of this one, What exactly do i need to change it to a Manual?? THanks JoN

2. DelSlo

DelSlo Senior Member

that is a rediculous thought. for the money you are goin to spend to turn into a manual, with the price of the tranny, shifter cables, computer, shifter console and a bunch of labour, you might as well spend the money and just BUY a 2002 RSX type s, or just buy one with a 5 or 6 spd in it obviously depending on model.

3. brian11to1

brian11to1 Senior Member

yea, buy the base model manual RSX, then swap a 6 speed Type S in it.

4. scottp11

scottp11 The Seniorest Member....

El Paso, TX now, originally from Fresno, CA
    Hmm... 160 hp, auto tranny OR 200 hp, 6 speed? Not a hard decision for me...

5. brian11to1

brian11to1 Senior Member

Some of us live on budgets and when considering a new car we cant afford to buy the 200 hp type s fr more than one reason. insurance is higher for one. so, maybe he's trying to keep it on the cheap.

again, buy the 160 manual, swap in the manual 6 speed from a type s, if you can get it cheap enough. the only time a auto-manual is justified is when the cost of parts doesnt exceed the value/work/time to convert. IMO.

I converted my integra just under $350 (not including the clutch $295, so actually $645) and the time to do it. On the RSX, I'd just buy the base manual and swap the K20A-R from the Type R into it. Save, Save, Save, Save/

Good luck.

6. scottp11

scottp11 The Seniorest Member....

El Paso, TX now, originally from Fresno, CA
    What? With the price of the tranny, the clutch, ecu, pedals, clutch cylinder, lines, all that... Then swap to a K20A-R, the price will be MUCH more than just buying a Type-S. If he doesn't care about going very fast, and only wants a manual tranny, then do it, but I don't know too many people that buy RSX's that don't want to go very fast.

And I know all about living on a budget. I bought a 93 civic CX for $2800 bucks when I could have just bought a GSR or RSX. Your solution to going fast is going to cost him so much more then just buying a Type-S in the first place. For what, 20hp over the Type-S???

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted