RSX TRANNY

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

turbob18

I am currently in the process of purchasing a 02 RSX but it is an automatic. I would buy a type s but i cant beat the price of this one, What exactly do i need to change it to a Manual?? THanks JoN

that is a rediculous thought. for the money you are goin to spend to turn into a manual, with the price of the tranny, shifter cables, computer, shifter console and a bunch of labour, you might as well spend the money and just BUY a 2002 RSX type s, or just buy one with a 5 or 6 spd in it obviously depending on model.

Hmm... 160 hp, auto tranny OR 200 hp, 6 speed? Not a hard decision for me...

Quoted post[/post]]

Some of us live on budgets and when considering a new car we cant afford to buy the 200 hp type s fr more than one reason. insurance is higher for one. so, maybe he's trying to keep it on the cheap.

again, buy the 160 manual, swap in the manual 6 speed from a type s, if you can get it cheap enough. the only time a auto-manual is justified is when the cost of parts doesnt exceed the value/work/time to convert. IMO.

I converted my integra just under $350 (not including the clutch $295, so actually $645) and the time to do it. On the RSX, I'd just buy the base manual and swap the K20A-R from the Type R into it. Save, Save, Save, Save/

Good luck.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

Some of us live on budgets and when considering a new car we cant afford to buy the 200 hp type s fr more than one reason. insurance is higher for one. so, maybe he's trying to keep it on the cheap.

again, buy the 160 manual, swap in the manual 6 speed from a type s, if you can get it cheap enough. the only time a auto-manual is justified is when the cost of parts doesnt exceed the value/work/time to convert. IMO.

I converted my integra just under $350 (not including the clutch $295, so actually $645) and the time to do it. On the RSX, I'd just buy the base manual and swap the K20A-R from the Type R into it. Save, Save, Save, Save/

Good luck.

What? With the price of the tranny, the clutch, ecu, pedals, clutch cylinder, lines, all that... Then swap to a K20A-R, the price will be MUCH more than just buying a Type-S. If he doesn't care about going very fast, and only wants a manual tranny, then do it, but I don't know too many people that buy RSX's that don't want to go very fast.

And I know all about living on a budget. I bought a 93 civic CX for $2800 bucks when I could have just bought a GSR or RSX. Your solution to going fast is going to cost him so much more then just buying a Type-S in the first place. For what, 20hp over the Type-S???

Back