RSX trim question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

H22AdelSol

Is the rsx-s k20 that is made in the u.s. have a 6speed tranny? or do some have 5speed and other 6speed. I was thinking all type s models are 6speed. am wrong?

k20a2 engines are the 200 hp RSX Type S models, they come ONLY with a 6 speed.

k20a3 engines are the 160 hp RSX Base models, they come with either a 4 sp auto or a 5 sp manual.

K20a engines are in the 02+ Civic Si and also have 160 hp, they come with a 5 sp manual

They're only built in the US/Canada. In Japan, the RSX (with the same body) is actually the Integra Type R.

the civic and the base rsx a3 are the same motor

Originally posted by revolution8k@Feb 8 2004, 11:57 PM
They're only built in the US/Canada. In Japan, the RSX (with the same body) is actually the Integra Type R.

There isnt a base model Integra in Japan?

just to confirm, as the first post was a little unclear (si has a3):

the jdm integra type r actually has the k20a engine w/ 6spd of course 220ps
the rsx-s has the k20a2 with 6spd 200hp
the base rsx and civic si have the k20a3 with 5spd. 160hp = gay

i'm pretty sure there is a base model integra in japan, and instead of the type-s, they have the type-r, which is basically the same as our type-s, but with slightly higher compression. similar to the usdm and jdm gs-r & type-r of the old days. :unsure: this is just what somebody on a local forum was blabbing, so don't kill me if it's wrong.

i'm really starting to think i'm wasting my time with a B18... have you guys seen any of the early K20 builds yet? :blink:

Originally posted by jwn7@Mar 7 2004, 09:26 PM
i'm pretty sure there is a base model integra in japan, and instead of the type-s, they have the type-r, which is basically the same as our type-s, but with slightly higher compression.

No.

The RSX-S is not just a ITR with slightly less compression.

It IS similar to the LS VS GSR vs ITR comparison. The LS would be the base RSX, the GSR would be the type S, and the ITR would be well the ITR. For the type R versions of the cars, they have much stiffer chassis, stronger/beefer suspension peices, bigger brakes, ect.

The RSX-S engine actually comes in the CTR over in Japan and Europe.

In japan, they have both the Integra iS and the Integra type R however, no type S (because the type S is basicly a CTR)

Originally posted by jwn7@Mar 8 2004, 03:58 PM
thanks for correcting me. :unsure:

what engine is in the iS? is it the k20a3?

basicly, it has 160PS from what the honda.co.jp site said and a 5spd.

Like previous engines like the b-series, in japan, the ITR engine has the same code as the iS engine. Just like the b18c is both an ITR and a SIR-G there. Both are k20a's but it is comprable to the k20a3

Back