RSX type R engine into 02 SI

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cycloneb18c3

We just got my brothers RSX type R engine for his 02 SI. It came with everything I could possibly need for the swap. Any one have any info on the 6 speed tranny fix for this?

Originally posted by Silvershadow@Aug 10 2004, 02:12 PM
6-spd trans fix???Didn't it come w/a trans?Hook it up to your 5 or get a 6 out of a RSX type S.
[post=374862]Quoted post[/post]​

Way to show some ignorance with your first post here. :thumbsdown:

It seems K-series is down right now, but there is a writeup on the modification there. FYI: you don't need to remove quite as much stock as Rodney did from the arm. And yes, I have done it myself.

Link: 6 speed to EP

we are actually doing an entire RSX type R engine and trans swap in to the car.
thanks for the help in that link.

eh... Truitt basically answered this but I just wanted to say it's either an RSX type S motor, or a JDM Honda Integra Type R engine. (The RSX Type S is called the Integra Type R over there, with differences of course)

well, yea its a honda integra type r engine. 220hp, 163trq.
we got the engine/trans(and a crate full of extra parts) for 5300. it has 8000 miles.

engine swap is done and the car is a beast. ecu reprogramming is a pain, because of the differening key codes. swap was really straight foward, with the hardest part being the shifter mod. reverse is in left field, I was really suprised about that. I feel lke ill be hitting peoples knees when shifting into reverse.

Originally posted by revolution8k+Aug 11 2004, 01:15 AM-->
eh... Truitt basically answered this but I just wanted to say it's either an RSX type S motor, or a JDM Honda Integra Type R engine. (The RSX Type S is called the Integra Type R over there, with differences of course)
[post=375156]Quoted post[/post]​

No, its the engines are very diffrent. Although how to do the swap is the same, the swaps themselves are diffrent. Basicly you can compare the two like what we had in 96. We had the GSR but no typeR. In Japan, they had the ITR. Now it is the same thing. The k20a2 has lower compression, less agressive valve springs, cams, ect. then the JDM K20a of the ITR. Also, the k20A'S transmission has an LSD. So no, the RSX-s is not called the ITR over in japan. Thats like saying the USDM 98 GSR = JDM 98spec ITR. There just not the same, and I am not even going into all the diffrences in the chassis, brakes ect. In japan, the JDM ITR comes with brembros, stiffer springs, stiffer shocks, stiffer/bigger antisway bars, has additonal reinforcements in the chassis, the normal ITR body mods and a bunch of other really cool stuff. They are not the same in any way.

cycloneb18c3
@Aug 25 2004, 07:45 PM
engine swap is done and the car is a beast. ecu reprogramming is a pain, because of the differening key codes. swap was really straight foward, with the hardest part being the shifter mod. reverse is in left field, I was really suprised about that. I feel lke ill be hitting peoples knees when shifting into reverse.
[post=381778]Quoted post[/post]​

From what I have heard, you can run apexi's Power FC for the k20 engine (I think right now it is in Japan only) and that will make it so you don't have to worry about the immoblizer. My freind has the power FC on his dc2r and it no longer searches for the programmed key.

Originally posted by asmallsol+Aug 26 2004, 08:49 AM-->
revolution8k
@Aug 11 2004, 01:15 AM
[post=375156]Quoted post[/post]​

No, its the engines are very diffrent. Although how to do the swap is the same, the swaps themselves are diffrent. Basicly you can compare the two like what we had in 96. We had the GSR but no typeR. In Japan, they had the ITR. Now it is the same thing. The k20a2 has lower compression, less agressive valve springs, cams, ect. then the JDM K20a of the ITR. Also, the k20A'S transmission has an LSD. So no, the RSX-s is not called the ITR over in japan. Thats like saying the USDM 98 GSR = JDM 98spec ITR. There just not the same, and I am not even going into all the diffrences in the chassis, brakes ect. In japan, the JDM ITR comes with brembros, stiffer springs, stiffer shocks, stiffer/bigger antisway bars, has additonal reinforcements in the chassis, the normal ITR body mods and a bunch of other really cool stuff. They are not the same in any way.
[post=382092]Quoted post[/post]​

ok well i overgeneralized it. I apologize. :)

All I meant is it has the same basic chassis and body layout... with the stiffness and other body cladding differences of course.

Heres another story of an OSAKA SCAM! The shop we ordered the engine from got a true rsx type r at first. The engine soon developed a very bad rod knock. we pulled the engine and called osaka. they said that they would send us a long block(even though its against their policy to do so). So we recieve the engine yesterday,and we take it to our friends house where we r going to do the swap. We look at the package and theirs no valve cover included, so were like ok....they wont get ours back... then we look at the block and it has a us spec block code(i dont know what it was, but it was in the form of K20A3, which a JDM RSX engine should only say K20) so with our suspiscion that this is a civic si engine from america, we check the cam lobes with a micrometer, and its true, they tryed scamming us, by sending us a US Spec Civic SI engine(what we are swapping a RSX Type R engine into) when they are supposed to send us a RSX Type R. SCAMMER PIECES OF SHIT. THATS LIKE A 2 GRAND DIFFERNECE IN PRICES. THEY PISS ME OFF, AND ITS NOT EVEN MY CAR. lol......OSAKA=POS MF'ERS,

your first mistake was dealing with osaka. never ever EVER deal with osaka. did you even check their reputation? if you do a search on pretty much any site you will find that osaka is horrible. it sucks that this happened to you and that osaka is such a shitty company, but in another way its your own fault for dealing with them to begin with. :shrug2:

It wasnt our mistake, we got the engine from a local shop, who deals with(we found out after this) osaka. This has been the first problem the local shop has had with anyone selling engines. We are getting a full refund and ordering another engine from HMotorsonline, so we should be getting this engine swaped again soon. Will post pictures of Rod knock RSX Type R engine, and the new one we get in the civic. man, what a run around.

Back