Rsx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

iamane12d

i have a friend thats going to buy an rsx... i was lookin at the specs between the type-s engine and the base engine... i noticed that the base engine has a lower C/R but only 160 HP... so i was wondering if my friend bought the rsx with the base engine and boost it... will it be faster than the type s???

A boosted base RSX will be faster than a stock RSX Type-S. You just have to watch out for the boosted Type-S's... :spin:

BTW, if I was your friend, I would just buy the Type-S. He won't be disappointed, ESPECIALLY if he boosts it. The K20A2 responds very very nicely to a turbo. I read somewhere that with just 5-6 PSI of boost, the RSX-S is already putting 250 at the wheels. Do the research. Go to cybernationmotorsports.com and check out what they can do with an RSX-S.

:worthy: K20A2

I have the Cybernation stage I kit on my Si (K20A3 just like the base RSX) and I'm puttin 262 to the front wheels at 7.5lbs. The Type S is doing about 270 to 280 but my torque is 209 where theirs is 185 to 190.

Steve

Back