Rt. 17 Report.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

yeah no problems, I ran it in my 95 DX with only exhaust, cat, intake, polished T/B, JDM red valve cover and about 8-10 degrees of advanced timing. It's more about your suspension and brakes how fast you can take the turns. I can way out drive my civic, and putting on the edge of control pretty much the whole time, I was able to keep up perfectly fine (until I spun on that hairpin, of course) LOL.

moral of the story, Don't worry about how fast your car is, it's a good time. Plus me (or anyone else) will be willing to give a shotgun to anyone who doesn't want to drive.

good to hear the sand is gone :p mph for me averages between 25mph to 120 on the looooongest straightaway. hopefully ill have some new shocks....hopefully.

if clayton tries to drift that 86 on this road, hes going to die.

that's all i have to say about that.

I was able to keep up perfectly fine (until I spun on that hairpin, of course) LOL.

i still laugh about that to this day...

kev was right behind me and bill (t3h sol was dead, so i rode with bill) we banked a corner hard, all 4 wheel drift into this corner on azenis and tein's... poor kev never had a chance coming in just as hot as we did, on some clunky 17s and some crappy suspension... i look back to see how hes dooing... and im like ohh... ohhh...... OHHHHH BAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH and he went around. quiick look to make sure hes still on the road and din't go off the cliff- check, ok, pull over a couple 100 yards up and wait. lol

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Apr 26 2004, 05:29 PM

if the AE86 will run.....I'll slowly drift by myself...or I'll swap to the grip tires...and change into grip mode....

Or..I'll just have to make it a point to get the CRX running...and take it....10 PSI sounds good on the country roads....

The Z.....it would be just a casual drive to watch the folliage, chipmonks play, and enjoy the veiws....

The Jeep...I'll just pull up whoever breaks down....

sounds like a badass weekend, I am definetly going to have to come visit soon guys.......

the humidity is killing me here down south.

Originally posted by liquid00meth@Apr 26 2004, 05:36 PM
moral of the story, Don't worry about how fast your car is, it's a good time. Plus me (or anyone else) will be willing to give a shotgun to anyone who doesn't want to drive.

Thanks for the offer! But I can't think of anyone going up that won't want to enjoy driving that road themselves... except Clayton's wife Kaori. :p

I'm going to bring up my helmet. I've got spare rear brake pads in my car, may add a set of spare front ones too. Hehe.

i'm friggin pumped for this, i hope i can make it in may, but if not, i hope you're willing to let us come up a couple times loco, i would def. like to get at least one vermont meet in before this summer is over

Originally posted by Airjockie+Apr 26 2004, 07:14 PM-->
pissedoffsol
@Apr 26 2004, 05:29 PM

if the AE86 will run.....I'll slowly drift by myself..

dude, seriously, you have no idea what you're getting into, and you're simply not a good enough of a driver to pull it off. I'm saying this as yoru friend. you will also not see my attempting to drift on this road.

cuz if you fuck up- you go down... and down... and down... and then hit the ground a couple seconds later and burn into a firey death. and think of all the sod we killed at beave. lol each piece of mudd would be our deaths. and our cars were solid mudd for weeks :lol:

But I can't think of anyone going up that won't want to enjoy driving that road themselves..

I rode shotty with bill last year. and i still had an f'in blast... and then, i got to drive the all trac home... barely. lol talk about a touchy clutch :D

and then Ji stole E's car with E in the trunk of the sol..... and bill, kev and everyone else heard ji hit 3rd gear vtec. lol with e in the trunk. lol

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Apr 26 2004, 08:08 PM
and then Ji stole E's car with E in the trunk of the sol..... and bill, kev and everyone else heard ji hit 3rd gear vtec. lol with e in the trunk. lol

So how'd you get E in the trunk of his sol? Can we do it again for this meet? :lol:

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Apr 26 2004, 07:08 PM

LOL I completely forgot about that. That was hilarious.

B....you foreget where I grew up......

in the mountain backraods in New Mexico.....I would have been a damn good rally driver if I knew the sport existed......

Plus.....look up Hana-doro in Osaka.....thats a real scary road to drift on....to bad at the time, I only had a van.... :ph34r:

Clayton- I'm with B on this one. I think that you and K ought to be wearing helmets on the run... and seriously thinking about a roll cage install. After all, that's what rally cars are required to have. Your AE86 is a great car, but not strong enough structurally.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Apr 26 2004, 07:08 PM
and our cars were solid mudd for weeks :lol:

not brie's car. i managed to stay ON the track. B)

i will bring my helmet. if sabrina comes, she would be my passenger. :lol: :lol:

Originally posted by liquid00meth@Apr 27 2004, 12:34 AM
thats alright, everyone will smarten up after they drive the road for the first time.

Well driving Rte. 17 sounds like it will be more like a run on Lime Creek Road (in TX) or Skyline Drive (in VA), than a Saw Mill Parkway experience. It's going to be an awesome few runs.

Originally posted by Airjockie+Apr 26 2004, 11:57 PM-->
Originally posted by TurboMirage@Apr 26 2004, 11:33 PM
pissedoffsol
@Apr 26 2004, 07:08 PM
and our cars were solid mudd for weeks :lol:

not brie's car. i managed to stay ON the track. B)

:p becouse your wern't drifting :p

:D :D :D :D :D

like anyone wanted to see the little go-kart get stuck in the mud corner after corner. :roll:

even all the pro's got in the mud....you think your special cause you didn't get dirty.....

hard to get dirty if you didn't slide...... <_<

and with 40134705849039458 240sx's there...nobody noticed yours....hehe

plus...drifting an AE86 is 5000 times harder to do than a 240sx...why do you think there were so many 240's...... :roll:

I think I'll just have to build up the CRX for Rt. 17.... :ph34r:

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal+Apr 26 2004, 08:29 PM-->
pissedoffsol
@Apr 26 2004, 08:08 PM

So how'd you get E in the trunk of his sol? Can we do it again for this meet? :lol:

i was in the trunk fucking with my amp
they (trying to be clever) said i coundnt fit in the trunk
I (knowing i was going for a ride or at least getting locked in there for a while) gave them my keys and closed myself in the trunk
i then hear the door open and someone get inside
i hear them try to start the car
then i hear either brian or bill telling them how to start the car (kill switch)
*the car starts*
*pull out of the driveway*
*full throttle*
*top out 1st*
*top out 2nd*
*top out 3rd*
*into 4th*
*slow for the stop sign*
i needed to go to the store so i knocked on the wall between the trunk and the passenger compartment to tell them to go to the store (still not too sure who is driving) no one answers
*car does a U turn*
*1st*
*2nd*
*into 3rd*
*into 4th*
*turn into the drive way*
*pulls back into where i was parked*
*trunk opens*
:)

Back