Rubber O-Rings on shocks, do i need?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

H22AdelSol

Hey i have skunk2 coilovers from along time ago and i only got around to installing them on the illuminas upfront. The directions said to put rubber o rings in between the shock and perch, i did that but in back i only have stock shocks and i was wondering if i could get away without using them because i cant find them! :roll: I need to raise the back up to match the front more. Thanks

They help center the sleeve around the body, and keep it from rattling. You could use a few layers of electrical tape instead.

mine rattle. it pisses me off all the time....find some 0-rings at hardware store that work or use electrical tape...

Originally posted by H22AdelSol@May 9 2004, 07:18 PM
i would think that would be ALOT of electrical tape

Yea, it would. Just go to a hardware store, and get some o rings that will make it around the shock body, then use electrical tape to hold them in place. Mine are as quiet as threaded bodies.

yeah i found my old o rings from either my tokicos or sunk2s, umm putting coilovers on stock shocks works if you want your car to be hella dropped on the highest perch setting. I know my idea to solve that probaly isnt the best but i used some really fat o rings for the base so the perch sits on top of like 3 of them. :ph34r
The cornering is very minimal going from cut neuspeed race springs but i can tell just a tiny bit. time for a sway bar and strut bar

If you are meaning placing the rings under the perch so as to raise it up higher on the shock body, that won't work. As soon as you lower the cars weight onto the suspension, they will slide under the sleeve.

Back