Ruckus.com now worthwhile

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

asmallsol

Super Moderator
For those of you that don't know about ruckus.com, it is a paid service, $30 per semester that is availible at certain colleges kinda like how facebook is, except the cool thing about ruckus is you can download as many songs as you want once you pay (or during the trial period which they have a until the end of the semseter for free trial period right now) Anyways, there selection of music is really good and downloads are pretty fast. Downside is all of the files are a weird WMA file that will delete itself after your "licience" expires. Well thats useless because ipods don't except WMA's and having to download the song over and over again is annoying to. So until now, I have said fuck that and never used ruckus. Well my freind found a program that will convert the songs to mp3 format and then they are just like any other file.

The program is called tunebite (search google for it) and the serial code is 719509936.

Anyways how the program works is it plays the song in windows media player at 4x and records that from the soundcard and saves that signal to mp3 format. No quailty is lost. Once you convert them into mp3, you can simply delete the old files. This program is great. Because of this, I have added 700 songs to my library in the past 2 days. So although I HATE paying for music, I will defently shell out $30 for how much music I am downloading.

I have DC++. Its free, and there are about 2k people on there with over 20GB each of music.

My friend who's an engineering major at Stephen's Institute of Technology said that they had this program and that it linked to every other college's servers and was incredibley fast. He was talking about how it was great, but then apparently it got shut down at his school.

At Penn State, Napster was included with tuition but certain songs you had to pay to download and burning a song was $.99 a song.

Quoted post[/post]]
you're just figuring out how to convert wma's to mp3???

:bash:
no, they are not just a striaght cut WMA and windows media player would not convert them because they had liciences attached to them which made them harder to copy.

And this is not your typical p2p thing or bit torrent site, its pretty much like iTunes except you don't have to pay for each download. Pretty much right after you click it, it finishes the song in like 10-15 seconds.

Back