Rugged headphone suggestions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

K2e2vin

Alrigh, I listen to music probably almost all the time I'm home or in the car. Once I find a another job and have my 2 week notice, I'll be listening to music at work too!

Anyways, I'm on my probably 10th set or more of ear buds in the last 3 years. They always start going out on one side. I think one of the biggest problems is I also sleep with them on sometimes and they sometime get yanked out when the cord catches on something.

Are there any ear buds you guys have used that are durable and sound nice(nothing harsh)? I'm willing to spend up to $150 on something that'll last a long time. I've been debating on Shure earbuds but they're out of my price range and I have no clue how they'd fare in a rough environment.

they're not baller-ific but ive been beating up a cheap pair of Skullcandy "Inkd"s for a while now

sc11812.jpg

i had the same problem with several pairs prior to these... one side would die on me

i grabbed these pretty much out of a "fuck it, i just need SOMETHING for right now" kind of moment
i think they cost me about $15 and i have been using them for over a year now
they are not as clear as some of the higher dollar ones i was ruining, but they have also outlasted any 3 sets i tried before... so im willing to take the hit... i am not saying they sound like shit... they are OK... just dont expect AMAZING sound quality from them

Do NOT listen to this terrible advice.

they're not baller-ific but ive been beating up a cheap pair of Skullcandy "Inkd"s for a while now

sc11812.jpg

i had the same problem with several pairs prior to these... one side would die on me

i grabbed these pretty much out of a "fuck it, i just need SOMETHING for right now" kind of moment
they are not as clear as some of the higher dollar ones i was ruining, but they have also outlasted any 3 sets i tried before... so im willing to take the hit... i am not saying they sound like shit... they are OK... just dont expect AMAZING sound quality from them
I have these, and they definitely are decent for the price. Shures are great, and you can find killer deals on them at Amazon.com.

If you're worried about a cord getting ripped out, try some bluetooth earbuds. If your phone/mp3 player whatever doesn't have BT, they make adapters.

Anyone every get shocked by a failing set of headphones? I was on the treadmill at the gym and zap! Right in the fucking ear. Hurt like a bitch. I've had the ones I have now for awhile though. Lime green wrecking balls I believe.

I ended up getting some ~$25(on sale) Sony ones. They don't really sound great, but so far they work fine. I was about to spend ~$170 on Ultimate Ears SuperFi 5 ear buds; but figured I'd just break them somehow.

Those blue-tooth ones seem a little bulky for me; but I like the concept.

ill vouch for the skullcandys. i have a set for when im travelling, riding the bike etc. only set that has ever lasted me.

sc11812.jpg

I have gone through 4 pairs within a year and I just walk to school with them. You can't beat the price though. I wanna try those new digital disines ones

I'd try out the sony's listed above. I have a pair of sony in-ear phones (NOT the extra bass model listed above) and they had better sound than the crApple phones that came with my ipod.

Back