Runing a chipped pr3 on my setup?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Crix

Iam putting together a lsvtec with pr3's, b16 headw/crower 412's, b18b1 block,gsr hydro trannyw/cm stage 2. All in a crx obd0. Iam wanting to stay obd0 because i know its electronics and to save me the headache on converting over to obd1. I really really want to stay obd0.

The chipped program I was going to run would be one that has a crossover in the 4400-5500 rpm range.

Any suggestions on this setup for keeping the motor running good? Everything is nearly complete basically all i have is to assembly this motor together and some left over head work and clutch still. But please tell me what you guys think I should do for tuning. :)

staying obd0 is not problem.

running a wideband with a stock ecu is though. some brands, like PLX, offer a fake circuit that will send a fake reading to your ecu. but really, widebands work best as an ADDITIONAL sensor to the oem o2. simply use the wideband for monitoring and metering and tuning, not as the signal to the computer

in addition wideband O2's don't last as long as the standard oxygen sensors so you'd be replacing a more expensive O2 more frequently

depending on what program you are running in the ecu, you can data log through the actual ecu as opposed to paying extra for the data logger display with the wideband, if you're just running some generic skank2 program or something, then you'll prolly need the digital display with your wideband controller. liked sol said, they're good for tuning, but not that great to use all the time as your nb input signal to the ecu. the actual sensors aren't that much to replace at all, only about 35 bucks from vw parts dealers, and don't go bad as often as people say they do, you might have to replace it once a year at the most if you leave it in.

I will be going with a chipped pr3 with a mugen program which was nearly the same setup as iam doing now but with crower 412's.

I was talking to a Honda mechanic at my work today and told me that if the ecu is for that motor then just start it up and pray, I guess that means as far as throwing a rod or something or droping a vavle. It doesn't sound right to me. But would I get away with using a AFC to adjust the mixture?

he is a moron
but i would hook the motor up to a dyno or an o2 sensor to check if the engine is runing lean with that ecu

yes use a V-AFC to change the fuel %

alright thanks. Didn't sound right or maybe I total missed what he was saying. Thanks for the help.

there's NO way a mugen/skunk2/your brand-name here chip is going to run you lean. lol

i've seen them hit 10.2:1 a/fs across the board. they run stupid rich.

Back