runing boost on p28, fuel management, and vafc...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

5speed4life

Hey i have a question. I am setting up my cx for boost, Never driven the car, so i do not know what to expect. I have a D16z6,330cc injectors, Rhb5 turbo, (hope to get 8-10lbs), Gredy blue box unit that comes with a turbo kit, a vafc 1, and a p28. I want to hook up the vafc for my tach and the featurs of the vafc, but i also need to hook up my fuel management. My understanding is that the two systems would conflict with each other. Can i hook both systems up? and if i can what happens if i change something in the vafc? does it overide the blue box, or does it work togather? Also how would i wire the two? Thanks for the input.

I would recommend looking into chipping your ECU with uberdata. The AFC advances your timing, which is not good for boost. I believe the blue box just acts like an FMU and jacks the fuel pressure up when your boosting, I also think you have to use a missing link with this setup, but you can't use a missing link with the AFC because it needs to read the map sensor. The 330cc injectors won't work too well with the AFC either, most people run 450cc.

Originally posted by beerbongskickass@Nov 20 2004, 02:31 AM
I would recommend looking into chipping your ECU with uberdata. The AFC advances your timing, which is not good for boost. I believe the blue box just acts like an FMU and jacks the fuel pressure up when your boosting, I also think you have to use a missing link with this setup, but you can't use a missing link with the AFC because it needs to read the map sensor. The 330cc injectors won't work too well with the AFC either, most people run 450cc.
[post=419599]Quoted post[/post]​

yeah, i am saving up for the AEM engine management system, just to play with, but till i come up with the $$$$, i wanted to use this setup. Is there anyway to de-tune the advance of the vafc? And any word on wireing the setup uP>

Back