Runnin kinda rich..

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

After installing my home made intake on my 90 prelude 2.0 si, i got a check engine light on the freeway. I pulled the code, which was 1, for the oxygen sensor. Could there be a problem such that my car is not burning air'fuel mixture completley now... or is it just a bum sensor?

My car idles really really rough now. and i seem to be getting terrible mpt millage

aight thanx for listening

What about resetting your ECU after your intake install? If you dont do that, dont you risk having the engine run rich?

did you reinstall the little hose that goes from the intake tube itself? If you didn't (ie you just have a tube to the IM, with nothing else) , you need to.

1st.. yes i did reset the ECU and it still ran rich.

2nd.. what is the breather for.. and no i don't have on right now
how important is it?

3rd.. i just got back from the auto parts store. I got a new Ox sens.. 25 bucks.. yea...

so waht do i want to do before burning this one up.. oh yeah.. i kooed at my old o2 sens.. and the top of it is broken... . so BINGO i think thats the prob.. but i still need that second quest answered.. thanx

you know, I actually have not a fuckin clue what the breather does, but I'd hook it up anyways. I'd yahoo that question. Looks like that 02 sensor might be the answer.

haha

postin up shii-- your unsure about...LO

ok thanx for alll your help...and ill tell you about the O2 once i drive my car... i already put it in but im too lazty to drive now..

its damn hot over her + no AC = too hot to drive

So im done!!! the car runs perfect now.. thank for all your help and here are some pics i took with my new digital video camera.
s3f034ab63845c.jpg

This is what you call poor mans intake!! :)
s3f034a6a65923.jpg

Here is a prime example of what F's up your beautifully ruunning car
s3f034a891a3b2.jpg

And this is what usually corrects the problem stated above!

l8rz

Back