running hot

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civic15.8

Ok today letting my turbo cool down i noticed my car running hot. I popped the hood and the antifreeze container thing was almost full i let the car cool down and the antifreeze was low in the radiator (no leaks nothing). When we did my rebuild my stupid mechanic didnt get a new thermostat but he got a new water pump so i know its not the water pump. So do you think the thermostat is my problem or is it something else. it has been fine for aobut 2 months until now. thanks

did you upgrade you radiator yet? my car ran hot after i put the turbo on and I had to go with a aftermarket radiator to solve the problem.

get a mugen or spoon thermostat...maybe your head gasket is going bad

I had the exact same problem with with b16 turbo. Except for me i had a thick copper head gasket on my car. The gasket sealed properlly except for coolant was getting flushed out of my motor and into the coolant resevior and building up pressure. The reason was because the dumb ass mechanic who put the gasket on put so much stop leak radiator crap in the car it acutally blocked coolant passages. I took the head off and cleaned all the crap out then replaced the head gasket with an oem one and it worked fine after that.

Back