1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

running jdm type r on b18a1 90 crx

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by b18c5crxtasy, Jul 12, 2004.

1. b18c5crxtasy

b18c5crxtasy Senior Member

has anyone seen a conversion kit from electric speedo from more recent b series trans' to the cable variety in a 90 ef8 crx si??? or conversion to electric on my gauge cluster?? obviously i can run without but once i get vtec i need a speedo.

2. b18c5crxtasy

i've been reading a few posts from a while back and found that some guy with an 89 civic was able to simply unplug the vss sender and plug his cable adapter in from the stock civic cable. do you know if this is possible with a brand spanking new (or close to it) jdm itr lsd trans??? i have pics if anyone really wants to see them...it's so clean i can eat off it if i wanted to.

3. MikeBergy

MikeBergy Blah blah blah....

It should fit, there is only like one screw holding it in the tranny.

4. b18c5crxtasy

so does the vss sensor take a physical gear driven reading from the tranny and convert to electrical signal? which means i could put my gear driven cable end in and i'd be good. does anyone know about possible length issues on stock 90 crx si speedo cable? i'm thinking i might need teg ls cable instead.

5. JKOBD.com

JKOBD.com Wiring Guru

The VSS takes the gear / cable spins in the back of the EF cluster converting the speed. If I am not mistaken, I believe the DX cable works.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted