Running problem. EM1 + B18C(jdm)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

6gSI

Hi all, havent posted here in a long time, but a running problem has sprung up in my car and I cant figure it out.

'99 Civic SI chassis.
'00 JDM B18C / s80 tranny
'00 USDM Type-R ecu (P73 i believe?)

Basically, when I start my car in the morning, everything is fine. Runs and idles like its supposed to, until it comes up to running temp. (about half the temp gauge is where it runs. dont have specific temp.)

After about 5 mins at normal operating temp, the car runs ok when im at part throttle (less than 5%,) anything more than that, and it stutters, misfires, and runs like absolute crap until i come off the throttle(less than 5%).

Ive changed both o2 sensors with OEM, tried an OBD1 chipped p28 that I have, looked for vacuum leaks; found none.

I took it to a local shop that specializes in swaps, they checked the timing, it was good. Fuel filter is relatively new.

This is all i can remember right now. If you have other questions, post and i will try and answer for you.

Any other ideas from you all?

Nothing? Really? With such a common swap I had hoped someone would have run into the same thing and known how to fix it. No one has ANY ideas?

Back