1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Running the stock 0bd1 ecu on an 0bd2b engine - b16b

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by jdm_apocalypse, Jan 1, 2007.

1. jdm_apocalypse

jdm_apocalypse Junior Member

I totally rewired the JDM engine harness to connect with the shock towers of my Del Sol S. I would like to temporarily crank and start the engine with the stock ECU and distributor. Of course it will show error codes right? But is it possible? If yes, after firing the engine I will tap the 0bd2b ECU connector in-line with the 0bd1 ecu connectors. With this, I can verify if my wiring conversion was successful.

2. killercannible

killercannible Senior Member

Much of what you have said is impossible. There are no obd2b del sols because they were only made up to 97 which would make it obd2a unless it is 95 and under which would make it obd1.

3. jdm_apocalypse

I'll make it clearer. I have a complete 0bd2b engine swap (b16b). I rewired its harness so I can plug it to my '95 del sols' 0bd1 shock tower connectors. My question is can I temporarily start the engine using the stock del sols' ECU?

4. VTECin5th

VTECin5th Administrator

Yes you can.

5. jdm_apocalypse

6. VTECin5th

VTECin5th Administrator

Don't go racing it around town though, but if you need to start it up to troubleshoot or check for leaks, it's safe to do so.

7. jdm_apocalypse

okay, I would like you to know that I am going to use the b16b's 0bd2b distributor. Will it be just fine? I am going to start the engine, I'll turn it off at once.

8. VTECin5th

VTECin5th Administrator

I don't want to say what I don't know. I wasn't there for your wiring. There is (I think) a difference between obd1 and obd2 distributor wiring.
    I have an obd2b distributor in my obd1 car but I used a 96-98 GSR wiring harness. If you believe it to be wired up correctly, it should be just fine to start.
    If the car doesn't start, I'd look there first.

9. jdm_apocalypse

yahoo! I was able to run the obd1 ecu with the obd2b engine, distributor and had converted the engine wiring to connect with the del sol's shock tower.

this weekend I am going to splice the b16b's ECU. but for now I am still looking for rear engine bracket. I'm excited to run the car. :) :) thanks!

10. VTECin5th

VTECin5th Administrator

Can I ask why you're going to use the b16b ecu and not a chipped obd1 ecu?

11. jdm_apocalypse

It's because it is the one that I have that will work for the engine as of now. For sure I will use a chipped obd1 ecu. Can you convert my del sol's stock ecu to vtec and then chip it? I think it is p06. thanks

12. VTECin5th

VTECin5th Administrator

I don't convert or socket ECU's. I'm sure you'll find someone who will give you advice for that.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted