1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Running w/o tps sensor????

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by cheese9988, Apr 7, 2004.

1. cheese9988

cheese9988 Senior Member VIP

I have a broken tps sensor on my zc motor, dumbass me forgot to replace it when I put it in. Well I know engine will run with out it, and I cant replace it right away because of lack of time. Car is not on the road yet. My question is how is the engine preformance without it? I know its going to throw a code and I am not worried about that, does it change idle or engine at wot?

2. asmallsol

asmallsol Super Moderator

You fuel maps are designed by percentage of throttle. When your just going down the road, the ECU see's that your just driving eaisly, and since the throttle is not wide open, very little air is getting in, so the ECU does not throw in alot of fuel. Then when you floor it, your letting in more air, so the ecu dumps more fuel into the system. Now your ECU can't tell where it is. Your performance will defently suffer, and I am sure your gas millage would too.

3. Jeef

Jeef NO MA'AM Moderator VIP

Do a search in the ef forum, there was a post about getting tps sensors from a cbr for around 35-40 bucks.

4. CRseX84

CRseX84 Senior Member

yea i wouldnt drive with a busted TPS sensor. ur ECU dosent know wut to do.
    Tyler

5. cheese9988

cheese9988 Senior Member VIP

ya it puts out alot of smoke, I assume that its running rich and maybe thats the culprit.

6. calvin

calvin Senior Member

The ecu will tro a cell.
    The fuel maps x acis is working from the Mbar(map sensor) value and the y axis is working from the RPM

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted