runs like a turd

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

svaby

Drive and Ride A Honda
So i bought a 93 Civic with a D16z swap in it and it won't idle worth anything.... i tryed cleaning the iac and stuff... idk where to even begin on it... and also it has 2 broken valve cover studs... which i guess ima drill and EZ out them hopfully ? ... idk i don't wanna sound like a bitch but ive been trying all kinds of things to get this car to run right..... it has a P28 Ecu but the guys tryed to wire the Vtec and stuff i did the 1-4 wire for the o2 sen dind do anything....

Idk if somone could tell me where to start at...

Thanks in advance...

ya i know... thanks... it's just getting old trying to get this thing to run right ive had the car for a lil over 2 weeks and almost everyday i try to mess with it after work and stuff... at this point i would'nt mind doing a complete swap with all the right wiring and ECU with the motor ...

ok so anyway... thanks everyone that gave me advise ... but i got the car running pretty good i took everything apart put all new gaskets on and reseald everything up cleaned sensors and TB and checked vaccume leaks but now.... CEL is still on, i reset the ECU and ( took off battery term and took out 7.5 fuse underhood) and still on... idk wtf the deal is... i need to get off cuz around here my county is stupid and has the pass a E check.... so is anyone could help me out

EDIT : I tryed to do codes with jumping it and turning key and the light would just flash about every 5-6 sec intervals for like a sec or two at a time... whats that mean....

i thought the codes could only got up to like 40 somthing....

Thanks in advance again.....

ya i bled it after i put everything to gethere is bubbled for a while and let it get hot then it seem to stop so i was like sweet, and the timming no i have not checked that... what an easy way to ? i will search in mean too on how to but anyways.... ya when i try to check the codes it just flashed for like a sec or two then would wait about 5-6 secs in between doing it again.... i could'nt really understand if it was giving me numbers you know... i guess long flashes r 10's and short r 1's...

Idk
Thanks Blanco

i know what u can do....

sell me the car kuz i have a motor that'll make that car run smooth again.....;)

no.. i did not and for you 1bdtech i will sell it to you i paid 1200 for it so.... lemme know lol anything is for sale for the right price.

Thanks again Blanco.

ya i should of done it tonight... i'll do it tomorow after work

Thanks Blanco your the man

Back