1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RWD Prelude in Super Street Magazine For Sale!!

Discussion in 'Vehicles: For Sale/Trade/Wanted' started by 98preludeturbo, Jun 20, 2010.

1. 98preludeturbo

98preludeturbo New Member

Hello everyone, I am selling my Prelude that was featured on this month's issue of Super Street(page 106 and 107). This is not a joke, I am the owner and will entertain reasonable offers. I'm new to this forum and to NC, so I wanted to say hello to everyone here and ask if you have ideas of how to sell this car so I can start on the next project.

The car can be read about in the magazine, and has had additional upgrades since the article was written. The additions include a new hanger bearing on the drive-shaft; the seat bolsters have been color matched to the paint; battery cables and fuel lines have been re-run to be tucked away out of view; new battery; and it has a new computer basemap to break in the motor. The car has just over 90k miles, but since the 2 and 1/2 year build, it has less than 200 miles on everything (motor, fluids, rear end, brakes, wheels, tires, shocks, paint, battery, seats, stereo system, everything). In essence, you are buying a Prelude with 200 miles on it.

For those who have not read this article yet, this is a H22a4 powered (matching #'s motor) that has been fully built and balanced for high boost 20+ psi. It is easily capable of 500+ RWHP. Currently has 300HP on 10psi so the motor can be broken in properly. It uses the 5-speed transmission from a CRV and with a custom drive-shaft and 8.8" rear end has become the only Rear-Wheel-Drive Honda Prelude on the planet. It does not look crazy, in fact, I built it to look somewhat stock - except for the custom Tenzo-R 10" wide wheels in the rear. Custom fiberglass interior, and beautiful paint, upholstry, etc to make it ready for shows.

I purchased this car for $10k from its original owner about 6 years ago. Since then, the car has had over $50k in upgrades in order to make a one-of-a-kind front engined RWD Prelude. The car is in mint condition and has a perfect carfax report. Never wrecked, never abused, I am the second owner. I have almost all the receipts corresponding to the upgrades to the car, as well as extra parts and paperwork on engine balancing, etc. Also have photos from start to finish, and a pdf with every part and upgrade with cost associated with the build for any insurance purposes. The car has no mechanical issues and it has shown itself to be great on the road over the past few months (200 miles). I built this to be an everyday driver, but it could double as a show or race car. Sold "as is", you should be very happy with this incredible car.

I am selling this to finance me going back to school and to start another project, so I do not want to trade or get payments - cash speaks the best... I would love to stay in contact with the buyer of this car, as it has been my passion from start to finish. I will be happy to help with any information at any point down the road for help about the build, and can provide the shop owner's contact information as well if you want to speak with them about any future modifications you would like to do.

Feel free to email Jason at jason1modell@gmail.com with any REASONABLE offers. Thank you and feel free to email with any questions!

Photos: rwd pictures by 1983jasonpics - Photobucket

2. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

your repost of this in the members lounge has been removed
    and i am moving this from the parts for sale section to the vehicles for sale section

3. 98preludeturbo

Thank you! I apologize for placing it in the wrong section

4. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

Just curious here, why did you go with a welded rear diff?

5. eg6sir

eg6sir Supa Mod Moderator VIP

just curious.. how did you get it RWD without turning the motor?

*edit*
    nevermind.. i read ur post

6. 98preludeturbo

I have a trac-lock rear end - it is not welded. the diff in the transmission is welded since I am only using it as 2-wheel drive. The motor still sits sideways becuase I am using a CRV 4x4 5-speed transmission that sat sideways stock - the transfercase makes the power go to the rear...
    I will entertain any offers 20k or above for this car

7. 98preludeturbo

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted