Rx-8 Pics :)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

posol

RETIRED
check em out.. stolen from the nissan board :p one of the mebers took these herself

250hp, 159ft/lbs of torque.

rx82.jpg

rx8.jpg

rx83.jpg

rx84.jpg

rx85.jpg

rx86.jpg

rx87.jpg

rx89.jpg

its a nice car but i think the rx8 is a dissappointment when compared to the last gen rx7. compare the interior, the rx8 design looks similar to a protege. IMO the 350z is waaayyyy hotter.

I still dont know what to think about those cars.
Yes the hp and tq are great numbers but the car has kind of a funky look.
Almost like they tried to hard to make it look futureistic. Maybe it will grow on me.
I would love to take one out by myself for a day and drive the shit out of it like a rental.

Did u see the sweat that goober left on the headrest! if that was my car i would bitch slap him.

Originally posted by SiR Kid@May 28 2003, 02:56 AM
What's up with the fro juice on the headrest?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .....the rx8 has seats that cool the driver by releasing water.....

Ehh, it resembles a S2000 and 350Z.... 159 torque, wtf...is there a Honda Engine in there?

350Z > RX-7 > RX-8

Originally posted by Afipunk21@May 28 2003, 07:27 AM
159 torque, wtf...is there a Honda Engine in there?

Honda: 150 ft-lbs with a 2.0L engine
Mazda: 159 ft-lbs with a 1.3L engine

Honda could only hope for those kinds of numbers. :D

RX-7 > RX-8 > 350Z

people dont seem to notice that the RX8 is getting the same HP numbers from the same size engine (1.3) NATURALLY ASPIRATED that the RX7 got with twin turbos
the japanese car makers are starting to test the waters for sports cars on the US market again so depending on the success of the models that are here now you will start to see turbo models once again in the near future

and thats when shits gunna get sick

The RX-8 is not intended as an RX-7 replacement... it's here to get the Wankel back into the mainstream. Mazda's not commenting on it, but they're not denying rumors that a new RX-7 is in development, and that it would hit the market if the RX-8 is successful.

I remember that red and blue RX-8 well... too bad I didn't take any pictures at our local Rev It Up event. We were all too busy driving the piss out of Mazda 6s and beating the MazdaSpeed Protege around the test track. It wasn't raining either- so it was tons of fun.

:lol:

How come Wankels rotary engine can produce such drastic numbers on a lower liter engine compared to honda engines. Whats the secret?

i think it has something to do with the fact of how a rotary engine works. it has one or more spinning pistons that spin with the drivetrain instead of pistons that move violently up and down. less power lost, makes sense in my head, lol. i dont know the exact specifics, and feel free to correct me if im wrong.

frumpy?... <_< you mean busted? Haha.

rude016.jpg

errr... idk how to post pics. got a good 1 though :D

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@May 28 2003, 08:32 AM
i think it has something to do with the fact of how a rotary engine works. it has one or more spinning pistons that spin with the drivetrain instead of pistons that move violently up and down. less power lost, makes sense in my head, lol. i dont know the exact specifics, and feel free to correct me if im wrong.

Right, although they're not pistons, they're rotors. The power loss that comes from a reciprocating assembly (pistons travelling up, then violenty forced down by the combustion cycles) isn't found in the Wankel design, which leads to alot more power realized.

The 13B found in the old RX-7's had two rotors and twin turbos, the rare 20B found in JDM RX-7's had 3 rotors and twin turbos (drool!), and the new 13B Renesis has two rotors and no turbos.

Well i have an Rx-7 but get no where as near those numbers, my freind told me it has something to do with the ports. If i make the intake and exhaust ports bigger then can i get more HP/Torque?

Back