?'s about b16a build stroked with a ls crank

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

metlmadman

noob member
hi guys, i'm new to hondaswap and i have a 89 rex ready for an engine. i tried to do a search for this with no luck, sorry if it was already answered and i was too noobish to see it.
i have been playing with the idea of starting my build with a full b16a swap with a y1 lsd, then swapping the cams, pistons, intake/exhaust and brain from an ITR. then im thinking that i should get a b18a/b crank and aftermarket rods (crower or golden eagle) to try to make my poor mans b18c5 rather than deal with the block/head machining of a true ls/vtec frankenstein. my goal is to have a very streetable car that is not afraid of auto-x and time attack type driving. this will be my semi-daily driver. i want to keep it reliable but around 175-200whp with mostly Honda internals.

now my questions are: will i need to machine the width of the piston end of the ls rod to accept the itr piston?

has anyone else heard/seen/done this type of hybrid stroked engine? experiences with it?

does anyone foresee any valve to piston clearance or CR probs (im aiming for 11.1 ish CR)?

recommendations? i am very open to opinions as i am still undecided on a build
thanks in advance for the help
icon7.gif

im gonna repost this in engine building, where it belongs

Last edited:
Back