???'s for Accord Euro-R Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

YungProtege

I just have some questions about an Accord Euro-R swap....
First i have a (5th gen)1996 Honda Accord EX with F22B1 stock engine, and i want to swap that for a 00' 01' H22A Accord Euro-R from hmotoronline http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc2000search.cgi?what=page&item=30019 it comes complete with everything, 1st im thinking that both engings have an OBD II ecu right and that the 00' euro r will fit in my 96 ex accord? Also i wanna know what other mods will i be able to use with the euro r engine... like will i be able to use all h22a "USDM" aftermarket headers, air intake, intake manifold, what exhaust systems are compatible? or will i have to shop for JDM parts? thx for reading.. Any info will help thx again... heres my accord and engine

l_e20dc7b1d9429a6f6b281004405d3b0b.jpg

Last edited:
The motor itself is a bolt-in swap to your chassis. The wiring however, might get a little complicated. Your car's a 96, so it uses a slightly different version of OBD2 than that 01 motor does. I'd check out Rywire (Rywire - Online Store). They make custom swap harnesses. Just contact them and tell them what you want to do, and they can hook you up with a custom wiring harness.

As for the accessories, like intake, header, etc., you should be able to use parts that would go on a normal US-spec H22.

h22a vs f22b1+boost

this is not something your wanna know . thought i should share anyway . i just boosted my 94 f22b1 accord 4dr . and i am running 12lbs+ 460 injector and just today i tested it for all out . i left cobalt supercharged in dust in fifth gear from 70 to 132 in like blinks. cost me only 1200 to boost it

Back