S.O.S. from Italy - Eg4 Swap D16z6

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Crono

hi to all , i have a 93 honda civic eg4 (eudm) , whit d15b2 engine (90 hp)

where i live , there isn't a person that know the word swap except me , so , for this motivation I need of you , Americans Experts :cool:;) :D

Now...
I've found a d16z6 that i want to swap , but now , i don't know exactly what i need...:confused::confused:

So I've undestand that i have need of :
- p28 ecu
- wire harness (that i don't know if including both engine that vtec wire)
- engine d16z6

The gearbox of my d15b2 , fit with this engine?

I must buy something else?

thanks...

p.s. : if it is possible , when i will begin the work (swap) there is someone that follow me in the progress ? ^_^

ciao :)

If you have the complete longblock all your in need of is a p28, your stock transmission will bolt up, and you can use your stock wiring harnes, just need to add the ground for the vtec solenoud and wire up the vtec oil pressure sensor to your ecu.

If you have the complete longblock all your in need of is a p28, your stock transmission will bolt up, and you can use your stock wiring harnes, just need to add the ground for the vtec solenoud and wire up the vtec oil pressure sensor to your ecu.

sure?

because i don't have the same intake manifold with multipoint ignition sistem , so i had think that i have need a new wiring harness

well in that case, just re-re wire your harness for MPFI. there are alot of write ups about it here on the website, just search for "DPFI to MPFI" and you should easily find a good instruction set for it. But other than that like it was said above me, its basically a bolt in swap.

dual point huh, ya just rewire or if you got a salvage yard close by with some multipoint eg goodness, get yourself a new wireharness and save yourself some electrical disasters in the future.

thanks for the aswer

but, I 've an other question, the wire harness of my engine it is one thing that is separate by the rest of electric system of my car? or better , engine wire harness and rest of electric system are two different things ?

because i don't have understand if i replace only the engine wire harness or i must replance also other wires

You should just be able to swap your ecu to a multipoint ecu and swap the engine bay wiring harness, the sub harness should be wired in for multipoint,i could be wrong ive never even heard of a dual point eg till this thread.

Back