s10???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

okay, so im picking up an s10 on saturday or sunday depends on my work schedule, i want some ideas for it, i know some of you have them... im looking for pics/ specs and your setup

its a '92 extended cab 5 speed
here are my current plans:
build the 4.3 in it
put the racing seats i bought for it in
fix the rust
lower 2" front 3" rear
put a nice system in it (2-12's and nice amp)

any more ideas???

don't get me wrong the vortec it has in it is a great engine, I have one in my bravada, but why not do a 350 swap into it? I take it you sold the prelude?

its not a vortec, its the tbi and i want something different and its not hard to build a 4.3 and the one thats in it is a jasper with only 40,000 miles on it so i was thinkin i wanted to keep that in it for awhile... and yes i sold it :thumbsup:

that's right the 94's and up had the vortec, but damn it's only got 40k on it!? keep that in there and run it till it's done. I'm sure you can get a ton of power out of it. remember it's only for 9.1 compression ;)

yeah, i think im gonna build it heres the list:

convert to carb.
edelbrock intake manifold
holley small carb (350-450 cfm)
cam (crane???)
pete jackson noisy gear drive
dress up the engine with chrome and stuff
full msd ignition
headers

i've heard that with a setup like this they sound and perform like v-8's, what does everybody think?

Look around online. Some magazine did a build up on the 4.3l. It made good power but I think that it costed more than its worth.
Just do what I am planning on doing and drop a v8 in instead.

word sell the jasper and throw a 350 in it...edelbrock intake,holley carb,headers,a cam and get r done

or do a H/O 305...i had one in my racecar and it kept up with the 350's at the local track..even with the granny gears i had..

I agree yank the 4.6 and throw in a sbc. For the price of the gear drive alone you can probably find a 350 in a junkyard and have more or at least as much power as the modded 4.6. Jegs even sells a kit with everything needed to do the swap (mounts, oil pan, headers, exhaust) if you dont want to scavenge for parts yourself.

Find a 700R4 out of a F-Body or Vette and upgrade your rear end too. You can find a fourth gen rear for a few hundred bucks and have brakes with sufficient stopping power. The S-10 running gear is garbage and not meant for real power.

If you want a lowered car you should have kept the Honda. In my opinion, trucks should only go up.

i like lowered s-10's if they're done right which i plan on doing it right, and i have a 350 4 bolt main i could use out of my grandpas old boat but its been sitting since the 80's in the weather, and another problem is i want something 5 speed which is the big problem with chevy v8s, i cant find a 5 speed for it at all... any ideas on that? if i could find one i would probably be all over it, and the jeg's kit is like $675 or somethin plus the parts to get that engine running again

You can't find a T5 out of a F-Body or Vette? The Jegs kit is just a shortcut. You can find most V8 swap parts on ebay. I saw their headers going for $60 on there. Grab a 305TPI/T5 combo out of a Z28 and toss it in there. Or if you want real fun while still under LSX prices find a LT1/T56 run it!

throw a muncie or a saginaw 3 speed in that bitch...

You can use a t56 6speed tranny. Guys are running them in Silverados and tow with them. I believe you need to run some short gears in the back to make it work.
What about using the 5spd tranny from a mid 90s Silverado. There were 350/5spd combos.
The nv3500 should be fine behind a 305 if not abused. You could try to find a nv4500 which should take some abuse.

my .02 would be to mod the 4.3 that's in there. Boost it or run n2o. You can pull the fuel injectors out of a 350 throttle body and put them into yours, or just swap a 350 throttle body on it. They are the same thing except for the injector size. I believe that moates.net sells all the goodies you would need to tune the factory ecm in that thing so no need to run a carburetor. depending on how big of a hurry your in you could have a ton of fun building a piece at a time with junkyard finds. Or you could pull the motor out and sell it to me for cheap....

the SBC is usually the best choice. You can find them for cheap AND get nice HP numbers. If i were you i would concentrate on the interior to make it comfy and your suspension before you mess with the motor.

Mine has the 2.8 :( but i'm just going to let it run until it dies.

I'll send you pics of my systems it it helps. Your bvest best would be 2 10's in ported box.

I liked the 2.8. That was one hell of a tiny V6. I have plans to have the truck I wanted that to be one day.

Back